Honored Contributor

Today in the "Dodo" I read about the elephant Luijuk.  She was found all alone at 5 months and taken back to rehabilitation camp.  Eventually she was taken back to the wild.  She thrived, but every month she went back to visit the people who saved her.  This past September she came back with brand new baby girl Lily.  She was only born hours before.  Elephants of course never forget.  And Luijuk proudly showed Lily off.  Allowing them to touch her.  Here is a video of the event & pics.

https://www.thedodo.com/in-the-wild/elephant-introduces-newborn-calf-to-her-rescuers

Honored Contributor

Constant confirmation that animals are sentient beings.  @songbird  thank you for this heart warming share.

Esteemed Contributor

How sweet!!

Super Contributor

like an elephant I never forget fortunately for some I forgive...

Respected Contributor

@songbird @Thank you for posting this.  My eyes are leaking happy tears.   How beautiful. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@songbird   Thank you for sharing this!  Wasn't that beautiful?  It happened at the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust (SWT) in Kenya. 

I have "adopted" an elephant there for the past 4 years, that's one way to support their magnificent work.  The elephants get very attached to their Keepers, as they are called.  Keepers even sleep with orphaned baby elephants when they are first rescued because elephants go through such emotional trauma when they are orphaned.  They have separate rooms for all of them, and are covered in blankets to serve as the warmth they would have gotten from their mother.  The goal is to introduce all of them back to the wild.  It's all so incredible.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Elephants are one of the most majestic animals on this planet.  The momma bringing her little baby back to her caretakers was so precious.  I guess in some little pockets on this planet, Heaven does exist here on earth as demonstrated by these beautiful creatures.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@songbird 

Thanks for posting this .....  how sweet !

Honored Contributor

@songbird 

Thank you for sharing this special story.  It is wonderful to see a happy, loving life for this baby girl and her baby.  

As others have said ~. Happy tears 🤣 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I'm so glad you shared this with us.  Elephants are amazing majestic creatures.  I love watching them.  It's so sweet that it was important to her to share her life with those that shared their lives with her.