Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I have seen Hoda Kotb, Kerstin from QVC and now Shawn all adopting new babies. It seems it must be getting easier to adopt them than it used to be.

I know a couple that flew to Russia and lived there for a month.

After many hassles, much greasing of palms and government nonsense they came home with older brothers (like 6 and 8). They said the orphanages were full of older children and babies.

I don't know how easy it is to adopt a baby.  There is a waiting period where the birth parents can choose to take the baby back even after the adoption process has started.

That happened with Kerstin (she was open about it) and she and her husband were devastated.  I cannot imagine that happening.  Keeping my fingers crossed and praying for Shawn and Joe.

Ditto: My daughter and SIL have been going through the process for a year a half and it's still not over. The baby was three days old at the start.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

For anyone interested Shawn has posted a couple of new baby pics on her Facebook page.They sure look like a happy little family....such a sweet baby

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I have seen Hoda Kotb, Kerstin from QVC and now Shawn all adopting new babies. It seems it must be getting easier to adopt them than it used to be.

After many hassles, much greasing of palms and government nonsense they came home with older brothers (like 6 and 8). They said the orphanages were full of older children and babies.

I don't know how easy it is to adopt a baby.  There is a waiting period where the birth parents can choose to take the baby back even after the adoption process has started.

That happened with Kerstin (she was open about it) and she and her husband were devastated.  I cannot imagine that happening.  Keeping my fingers crossed and praying for Shawn and Joe.

@Lipstickdiva  Did Kerstin and her husband have to give that little boy back?  I can't imagine the pain!!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  Did Kerstin and her husband have to give that little boy back?  I can't imagine the pain!!

I didn't know about this, I feel so sorry for Kerstin and her family. I wonder how long she had the baby as part of her family before she had to give him up? This is truly heartbreaking.

Respected Contributor

Kerstin had a failed adoption previous to adopting Ben.   

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

No, no.  Not Ben, who is the baby they have now.  Prior to Ben, they had a failed adoption.  She didn't talk about it until after it all happened and I think it was even after they adopted Ben.  She never mentioned a word about Ben until everything was pretty much finalized and he was definitely their's.  

Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Ditto: My daughter and SIL have been going through the process for a year a half and it's still not over. The baby was three days old at the start.

Thank you for your reply. Do you mean that your daughter and SIL have had the baby since it was 3 days old and a year and a half later the birth Mom could still change her mind?

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

No, no.  Not Ben, who is the baby they have now.  Prior to Ben, they had a failed adoption.  She didn't talk about it until after it all happened and I think it was even after they adopted Ben.  She never mentioned a word about Ben until everything was pretty much finalized and he was definitely their's.  

@Lipstickdiva, oh I'm glad you clarified this, I'm happy for Kerstin and her family. Sometimes I think things work out the way they are suppose to. Ben was suppose be a part of Kerstin's family which wouldn't have happened if the other adoption had gone through. I wish them all the best. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Do you mean that your daughter and SIL have had the baby since it was 3 days old and a year and a half later the birth Mom could still change her mind?

Yes, due to circumstances of this particular birth mother. There is a hearing next month which should hopefully be the beginning of the end, so to speak. It's easy to understand how heartbreaking it is for prospective parents to have a baby taken from them, but what about the baby? It seems criminal that a child of an age over three or so months to be ripped from the only loving arms they have known. We just pray a lot. Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@wonderfulworld Yes, due to circumstances of this particular birth mother. There is a hearing next month which should hopefully be the beginning of the end, so to speak. It's easy to understand how heartbreaking it is for prospective parents to have a baby taken from them, but what about the baby? It seems criminal that a child of an age over three or so months to be ripped from the only loving arms they have known. We just pray a lot. Heart