Occasional Contributor

Why did Sharon Fache leave?  I missed her departure!

Respected Contributor

She said she was at a point in her life where she just wanted to spend more time with her children and husband.  Her family was on air with her during her last show and her children seemed to be so excited that she was going to be at home with them. 

Respected Contributor

Kids need a mother AND a father.  Kids need stability and nurturing from BOTH parents.  I hope she sticks to her words andputs her family BEFORE "selling".

Honored Contributor

I can see why, I really enjoyed her presentations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

I miss her.

Honored Contributor

I have a gut feeling she will show up as a host on another channel....or as a vendor.  

Super Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Kids need a mother AND a father.  Kids need stability and nurturing from BOTH parents.  I hope she sticks to her words andputs her family BEFORE "selling".

So you don’t think either parent should work?

Esteemed Contributor

The Gourmet Holiday shows have been missing something since she left, like someone with a good vocabulary.  That void has not yet been filled.

BTW, Nancy Hornback posted a picture of herself with Sharon and Mary Beth on the train to NYC for the Basso Fall show.  Sharon looked great.

Trusted Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Sure they do IF both are good parents.    

So what about if a parent dies?  Many people grow up with ONE parent and do just fine.  

Many people grow up with two working parents and turn out just fine. 

Don't you think it's more the quality of parenting rather than the amount of time a parent spends with his or her child? 

AND often there is extended family (i.e. - grandparents) that provide time and attention as well. 

Well adjusted kids come from families that provide nurturing, stability, consistecy and love.  That can happen in both one parent or two parent homes.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Alberti and Leah do a nice job on the gourmet shows.