Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The Wizard of Oz had a great line at the end after Toto pulled aside the curtain. I have to remember it often these days.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Outisde of the year I lost my father, 2020 is the worst year I've ever lived in my lifetime. I entered into three major construction projects in my house which disrupted my life for months consecutively. I had a microwave fire in my brand new kitchen. Cleanup cost was a little over $15,000, and of course they raised my homeowner's insurance premium after that. In 30 years I have never had a claim.  I was diagnosed with iron deficiency and small red blood cells, and I couldn't tolerate iron pills. They made me have an endoscopy and colonoscopy to find out why, and they still can't find an answer except perhaps caused by taking so much aspirin every day for arthritis. Then I hurt my back trying to rotate my huge mattress by myself. That took two months to get over. My kitchen sink backed up due to roots in the sewer line which caused them to dig up a line under my patio. I haven't even mentioned the quarantine and the isolation from that. And of course my fears about the future of my country and our democracy depress me each and every day. My best friend of years and years moved away from me and into a memory unit because she has alzheimers. AND  to top things off two weeks ago my computer was hacked and spyware was installed on it setting into motion the closing of all my credit cards and bank accounts, having my computer scrubbed and installing all kinds of safety software to protect the new computer I bought.I also had to have my IPhone and my Ipad checked for spyware.So yeah, I agree with the OP. Things are weird and getting weirder. I can't wait to see 2020 end, hopefully with a positive look toward to 2021 and renewal.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Outisde of the year I lost my father, 2020 is the worst year I've ever lived in my lifetime. I entered into three major construction projects in my house which disrupted my life for months consecutively. I had a microwave fire in my brand new kitchen. Cleanup cost was a little over $15,000, and of course they raised my homeowner's insurance premium after that. In 30 years I have never had a claim.  I was diagnosed with iron deficiency and small red blood cells, and I couldn't tolerate iron pills. They made me have an endoscopy and colonoscopy to find out why, and they still can't find an answer except perhaps caused by taking so much aspirin every day for arthritis. Then I hurt my back trying to rotate my huge mattress by myself. That took two months to get over. My kitchen sink backed up due to roots in the sewer line which caused them to dig up a line under my patio. I haven't even mentioned the quarantine and the isolation from that. And of course my fears about the future of my country and our democracy depress me each and every day. My best friend of years and years moved away from me and into a memory unit because she has alzheimers. AND  to top things off two weeks ago my computer was hacked and spyware was installed on it setting into motion the closing of all my credit cards and bank accounts, having my computer scrubbed and installing all kinds of safety software to protect the new computer I bought.I also had to have my IPhone and my Ipad checked for spyware.So yeah, I agree with the OP. Things are weird and getting weirder. I can't wait to see 2020 end, hopefully with a positive look toward to 2021 and renewal.

Good grief, @RainCityWoman. Let's hope thing look up for you sooner than later. I do share your "fears."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Esteemed Contributor
This year has been awful. Due to the virus, our business was wiped out. My unemployment just ran out. My Mom passed away. I am trying to deal with all my Mom’s stuff. I am overwhelmed and living on savings. I need to find a job. At my advancing age, that won’t be too easy.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I will add that when someone is sick in the hospital, political differences usually disappear - everyone is a little afraid to be there, regardless of the reason, and people are grateful for even small gestures of kindness.

That was beautiful @bikerbabe 

Thanks for sharing 

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@RainCityWoman, oh my goodness!  Just reading this has me shaking my head.  You have been through several nightmare situations that might have laid other people under!  I hope all the bad juju is finished for you.  Crossing fingers here that nothing else bad happens to you! Heart

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shaking my head

[ Edited ]

@pitdakota wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@RainCityWoman, oh my goodness!  Just reading this has me shaking my head.  You have been through several nightmare situations that might have laid other people under!  I hope all the bad juju is finished for you.  Crossing fingers here that nothing else bad happens to you! Heart

Me too. As I said on a previous post that got zapped because I mentioned a certain date and my fears about it, I have a friend who during this Covid isolation, has backed out of her garage three times without opening the automatic garage door. The third time, she had to replace the whole door. It's a matter of distraction, which I think we all must be suffering from.  Our brains are being bombarded daily and we are on over load.

Just remembered one more thing that happened: my neighbor weed eatered a rock into one of my brand new windows and the whole thing had to be replaced. It was tempered glass and had a million cracks in it all the way to the top. I figure 2021 should be a banner year  compared to this one.,