Esteemed Contributor

Re: Serena Williams Is Adding to Her Joy

@momtochloe wrote:

Good heavens can we not just celebrate that a happy, vibrant woman is having a baby with a man she loves and is engaged to.  She has stated she is backing off of tennis for a while . . . let's just enjoy the moment ok? . . . Heart

Serena is a fierce competitor, strong, fit, and dedicated. I've seen her frustrated on the court, but I've never seen her lacking in class. I'm not athletic in the least, so I really admire competitors like Serena. She's had some scary health problems in the past, so I am sure she played with a doctor's okay. I'm happy for her and her fiance. I can only imagine the talent this child will be born with. There are some people who find glee in hating Serena when she's just an ordinary woman with an extraordinary talent trying to live her life the best she can. Wishing her a healthy pregnancy and an easy birth.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Serena Williams Is Adding to Her Joy

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Sports Illustrated is reporting that Ms. Williams is five months along in her pregnancy.  I bet her body is back in shape by the time the US Open rolls around.  Wonder if she will continue to compete in the slams?

@deepwaterdotter

Wait ......   when did she get married?

I didn't know that she had gotten married already, just that she was with child.

@deepwaterdotter

@Tinkrbl44

Just to quickly clarify, Serena is currently not married to her baby's father but they did get engaged a few months ago.