Trusted Contributor

Re: Secret Santa Gift Help Please

@SXMGirl  I was thinking the same as you about the desk calendar. Someone posted here that The Far Side is back with a 2021 calendar. I'm getting one for my husband. I believe it's $10.39 at Kohl's.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

@panda1234  Thanks for the info!  I wish that I had seen it, but I may be back there on Thursday, so I will take a look.  I have only been to TJ in Media and really have no point of reference about the store, except what I read online.  I never go to the mall, only Costco and Michaels, but I will wait until after the holidays to see if they open.  Personally, I would rather have a Wegman's.

You will appreciate this.  I have a t-shirt that says "Sorry I'm Late--Delaware was closed!"

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I did this for many years and it was always socks from a ladies specialty store here in my city.  $15.00 was the max. we could spend. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@panda1234  Thanks for the info!  I wish that I had seen it, but I may be back there on Thursday, so I will take a look.  I have only been to TJ in Media and really have no point of reference about the store, except what I read online.  I never go to the mall, only Costco and Michaels, but I will wait until after the holidays to see if they open.  Personally, I would rather have a Wegman's.

You will appreciate this.  I have a t-shirt that says "Sorry I'm Late--Delaware was closed!"

@SXMGirl wrote:

@SXMGirl   We are getting a Wegmans, Spring of 2022....good news. It will be where Barley Mill Plaza was. 

Have you been to the TJ on 202? Media store seemed chopped up to me. 

Where did you find your t-shirt? I do like it and know a few people that would too.

Esteemed Contributor

@panda1234  It was announced over a year ago that Wegman's was coming to Barley Mill Plaza.  Since I am at the Canal, that is far, but I will definitely be shopping there if it actually comes to pass.  The only time that I drive north, unless there is some type of emergency, is to go to the airport.  I hate the traffic on 95, and 495 always has an accident.  I was hoping that Wegman's would open in Middletown, which, to me, is a better place because of the growing population and the beaches being closer.  

I got the t-shirt over a year ago, but I got it online, so you can do a search.  It should not be hard to find.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I think a gift card would be better. It's something you know she could use. Target, WM, a fast food restaurant, etc. It's also easy to put in a card and mail.

Honored Contributor

For those who don't know, cabin socks are like slipper socks.  I think that's the best idea and I agree with those who have said not to go over (at least not more than a couple of bucks.)

I don't like the idea of gift cards in Secret Santas or grab bags.  If it's anything other than Starbucks or Dunkin the recipient is going to have to cough up extra money to buy something.  The purpose of these little gift giving gimicks is to find something clever, not plunk down ten dollars for a gift card to avoid putting any thought into the gift.

Frequent Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

For those who don't know, cabin socks are like slipper socks.  I think that's the best idea and I agree with those who have said not to go over (at least not more than a couple of bucks.)

I don't like the idea of gift cards in Secret Santas or grab bags.  If it's anything other than Starbucks or Dunkin the recipient is going to have to cough up extra money to buy something.  The purpose of these little gift giving gimicks is to find something clever, not plunk down ten dollars for a gift card to avoid putting any thought into the gift.

Ita with you about the gift cards @faeriemoon.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I think a gift card would be better. It's something you know she could use. Target, WM, a fast food restaurant, etc. It's also easy to put in a card and mail.

@Daisy Sunflower I totally agree with the gift card. Even to Dunkin or Starbucks would be great. 

Valued Contributor

I'm involved in a secret Santa, but it's being done via mail (and I ended up with someone that I really don't know that well). I went with a gift card, because if I bought an actual gift, I had to think about shipping costs, something that wouldn't break, etc.