Respected Contributor

Re: Save a greyhound

[ Edited ]

@dulwich.

I'm enjoying reminiscing about my Tully. She was a beautiful black brindle with unusual fur. Instead of the normal coarse, short hair, she had plush, almost bunny fur. She was also very big (75 pounds) for a female. 

Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2  I love brindles.  At present we have a beautiful girl, dark brown brindle, about 75 lbs too - big one - she was in the last race run at Tucson before they closed.  She is so gentle, clean and loving.  Our first brindle.

Joe big too, about 80 lbs - white/brown he has lots of unhealed injuries from racing but we keep him going.  Sapphire / or Sapphy - is kind of blue all over, smaller but definitely in charge.  Greys are fun to own - so glad you have good memories of Tully

Esteemed Contributor

My brother rescued 2 some years ago.  As I remember, the process was very involved.  Both were females and very loving.  Sadly both dogs had internal issues and only survived less than 5 years each.  One needed multiple surgeries but she was a sweetheart.

Trusted Contributor

A shout out for the greyts!!!! 

Adore them Heart

dee

Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I adopted a grey from the Phoenix track years ago.

The are the cat of the dog world. Extremely gentle and quiet. Very clean because they have little body oil. They have so little body fat, they cannot swim so beware if you have a pool.

They like a walk or a quick sprint and then they are total couch potatoes. You must always have them on a leash outside. Even the most well behaved grey will be off like a shot if they spy a piece of paper blowing a block away.

They are a marvelous dog for someone who likes a clean, gentle, funny companion.

Did not know that @Ms tyrion2.

Interesting!