Esteemed Contributor

When Alexa is on QVC. lol

[ Edited ]

Oh I just love when Q sells the echo..not! lol. I was just folding wash in another room and I heard Alexa talking (which it sometimes does on its own, so I 'didnt pay attention at first) and then I heard her say I put Cabernet on your shopping list. Haha. I rewind Q on my tv and saw they told Alexa to put the Cabernet on their list and it went on mine..lol. I checked to make sure she 'didn't order anything! Then I unplugged it now. Happens all the time.I have to turn mine off when its on the Q or change the channel. Too funny.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Re: When Alexa is on QVC. lol

Yes, I've heard of this and vowed I'd never get an Alexa.

However we recently bought an Amazon Firestick for our TV that has Alexa.  Thankfully you have to push and hold the button to access it - whew!

Denise
Trusted Contributor

@Shorty2U

I suggest you change her name from Alexa to one of the other choices. I changed mine’s name to Echo & haven’t had any problems since. Better do it before all the Amazon boxes start showing up. 😀

Super Contributor

I don't find it funny at all...I find it very annoying! The channel is turned immediately! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Oh I just love when Q sells the echo..not! lol. I was just folding wash in another room and I heard Alexa talking (which it sometimes does on its own, so I 'didnt pay attention at first) and then I heard her say I put Cabernet on your shopping list. Haha. I rewind Q on my tv and saw they told Alexa to put the Cabernet on their list and it went on mine..lol. I checked to make sure she 'didn't order anything! Then I unplugged it now. Happens all the time.I have to turn mine off when its on the Q or change the channel. Too funny.

@Shorty2U, have you forgotten there is a button on top of the Echo that turns the microphone off and on?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Yeah I remmber the button but I just puled the plug for now, and then DH went to ask it something this morning. lol. I said its off for the day in case we flip to QVC. Ill plug it back in tonight.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@Shorty2U

I suggest you change her name from Alexa to one of the other choices. I changed mine’s name to Echo & haven’t had any problems since. Better do it before all the Amazon boxes start showing up. 😀

Exactly right @Tribesters!