Respected Contributor

Re: Sarah Ferguson

[ Edited ]

I am willing to give him some leeway, he has been on a very heavy, accelerated schedule since the death of his mother.  All the travelling, on and off planes, ceremonies at Balmoral, Edinburgh, St, Giles, Buckingham Palace and then Westminster, Northern Ireland  and Wales, Scotland, all the processions, meetings with Parliament, day to day dealings with being King and then grieving the loss of his mother and being 73 years old.  An awful lot to deal with at one time in such a short period of time as well as an emotional one.  It was, just, revealed that he found out his mother was in serious decline, just, before the announcement was made.  I know at my age which is 3 years older than King Charles that I would have difficulty keeping the schedule he has maintained since he mother's death and this has nothing to do with having servants.  The physical and emotional strain at this age would be exhausting.

I have no idea what changes he wishes to make and what he wants to implement to make his reign his own but I look forward to seeing what his reign will be.

Honored Contributor

I prefer all the traditions, pomp and circumstance.   Seems the majority of the people in England prefer it too considering the lines and crowds.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@10sluvr wrote:

@hopi wrote:

Phil appears to have issues and the monarchy may not last long if he doesn't do better.  There have been at least 3 times since named king he has thrown mini fits with the camera's rolling. He needs to grow up. His bizarre rulings on who can do what and wear what is crazy. 

i'm willing to cut him some slack. He is grieving the loss of his mother and being scrutinized while adjusting to a new role/life, isn't easy, no matter how much training you've had. Plus he's 73 years old and older people can get grouchy and stressed.

@10sluvr - So true! I felt so bad and noticed how he got really upset when his pen leaked. He's been preparing for this his whole life, but at the end of everything, he is a son who is missing the mother he had for 73 years. And he can't even miss her in private. He probably wants to just break down and cry, and postpone all of the ceremonial stuff. But he can't.

@beach-mom 

I see your point, but two things come to mind ...

First, the guy has been apprenticing for 73 years .... he should have some things straight in his head by now. 

Secondly, even though it's always a shock, he HAD to know his 96 year old mother would be passing soon.   

If this is how he handles minor stresses, the media isn't going to be very kind to him. 

Honored Contributor

I was never a fan of either her or Randy Andy. I really loathed the way she came to this country and trashed people, mostly the women, who were on welfare.

I remember it clearly and have no use for her. She has never done without a  d a m n thing. How dare she judge those in need?

And if she wants to keep house with a perv, so be it.

Honored Contributor

@hopi Of course Charles has issues!  He was a disappointment to his father, his mother just died and good luck to anyone on filling those shoes, he has a son whose goal in life is to slander him, and at his advanced age he is having to bury his mom in public display for a week and a half and take over a kingdom with people looking to tear him to pieces at every move.  All in his 70's and probably with health issues. . . who doesn't?

Yes, I'd sure agree he has issues!

Honored Contributor

@lgfan ...............He is not as old as President Biden.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Now we are telling another country they need to change their traditions?  Even if they do its not our buisness.  We need to clean out our closet first.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Even when Charles was young he came off as a grumpy old man. I wonder even without Camillagate how long that marriage would have lasted with Diana. Maybe he is just tired and grieving but he has to chill out a little bit. Someone will get you a new pen and a wet wipe.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Sarah Ferguson

[ Edited ]

The Royal treatment of Sarah Ferguson over the years, considering her to be a pariah, just exemplifies how out of touch they are with modern times.  She's a divorced, not a fallen woman, like millions of others.

They ought to be glad there's someone to look after Andrew and keep his dumb self out of further trouble.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The Royal treatment of Sarah Ferguson over the years, considering her to be a pariah, just exemplifies how out of touch they are with modern times.  She's a divorced , not a fallen woman like millions of others.

They out to be glad there's someone to look after Andrew and keep his dumb self out of further trouble.

@Kachina624 I think they have been quite appropriate with Sarah and perhaps generous.  They have put up with a lot from her, and to do more would be to condone her activities.  They are probably more generous toward her than most people.

When you sign on to be part of the Royal Family, it isn't difficult to understand at least the high points of what will be expected.  Lots of what she has done was certainly out of bounds.  And like Diana, she was raised with the Royal Family. . . it isn't like they didn't know.