Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Even when Charles was young he came off as a grumpy old man. I wonder even without Camillagate how long that marriage would have lasted with Diana. Maybe he is just tired and grieving but he has to chill out a little bit. Someone will get you a new pen and a wet wipe.

This made me LOL. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

There was no excuse for one leaking pen  and there were two. Whomever was responsible should have checked them before. That person should be fired.  Have you ever watched a televised signing where a pen leaked? I haven't. Presidents use multiple pens when signing legislation.

Trusted Contributor

Sarah Ferguson spoke at the National Press Club 20 years ago or so. I had the opportunity to be there and speak briefly with her afterwards. All I can say is she is a survivor and a LOT of fun. I wish her all the best in dealing with the aftermath of the Queens' death.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
I don't see the new King Charles in charge for long. He was too old when he took over and I don't think he can handle the responsibility. I give him five to ten years before he hands over the title to William.

I think King Charles will last about 10 years and turn things over to Prince William.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner    Well have to agree to disagree.  In this day and age, with the acceptance of divorce, its petty to expect a woman to sit by herself at the back of a church when she has a family with whom she could join.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

She had a loooot of scandals. The scandal rags made fun of her weight constantly. They called her the Duchess of Pork. And then some guy sucked her toe on a yacht? She also did a tell all Oprah interview.

I think it's nice that no one here hates her, even though she's complained a lot about how hard royal family life is. I guess she is still considered classy enough for us to not generate 500 page threads about her. Or maybe because she's older now, the press lost interest and no one here knows they're supposed to hate her?

Camilla and the feminine hygiene phone call with Charles, that scandal almost cost him the throne. They are very messy people.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

In regards to the pen, both times King Charles signed, he used a fountain pen which is filled with ink.  In US, ballpoint, felt tips or rollerball pens are used not fountain pens with ink.  Regardless, both pens should have been checked before the signing occurred.

I don't know if anyone noticed b at the first signing in London, William took longer to sign than either his father or Camilla.  William is left handed so he had to be very careful not to smear the ink as he was signing.  I am sensitive to this because my son is left handed.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo   I'm with you  wanting Charles to work at changes.  I think he knows he is sort of an interim king, but he's King and I believe will perform well in that role. 

William and Kate are a lovely young family, but I'm not even slightly interested for them to move ahead before their time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sarah Ferguson

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

The Royal treatment of Sarah Ferguson over the years, considering her to be a pariah, just exemplifies how out of touch they are with modern times.  She's a divorced, not a fallen woman, like millions of others.

They ought to be glad there's someone to look after Andrew and keep his dumb self out of further trouble.

@Kachina624 

LOL ... excellent point!   Priceless!    Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Sarah Ferguson

[ Edited ]

I have been thinking of fergie lately, since i heard she gets the queens dogs.Andrew must have cared for her, and her him,but the first thought comes to my mind with her ,is toe sucking  thing.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.