Honored Contributor

Re: Safety For Past Generations

[ Edited ]

And lookie there!  We all turned out just fine.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Never saw or heard of this bizarre hammock thing, but I think we lived with what we had and knew.  What else was there? 

Respected Contributor

In the 80's I had a friend who, when I got in the car with her and buckled up, actually asked me "Don't you trust my driving?" I said, "It's everyone else on the road I don't trust!". She said "I never thought of it that way!". What can I say, she was a little ditzy!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the early 1950s, my Dad would have us do "duck and cover" drills if we were in front passenger seat (hand on back of neck, roll in a ball on floor).  What was that susposed to prevent?

Valued Contributor

Yeah, we should all be dead.  When I think back on how it used to be. My mother would send my 7 year old self to the grocery store quite far away on a two lane highway on my bike with a note.  "Please give Linda 2 packs of Larks and 1 lb of boiled ham.  If there's any money left over, she can have a candy".  I mean, I was 7. 😂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That looks like a crazy thing to do ,but we survived riding bikes ,no helmets, no seat belts, walking all over a small town,nothing ever happened to me ,and friends.And we never had to worry about being shot.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.