Respected Contributor

It is a miracle we survived the things offered to keep children safe.

May be an image of text that says 'Keep Baby SAFE with a "Lull-A-Baby" "Lull- Car Hammock Baby constantly visible; rear view vision not Impatred, SAFEST, COMFORTABLE CAR BED EVER MADE FITS ANY HARDTOP CAR ONE-MINUTE INSTALLATION YOU CAN PURCHASE A "LULL-A-BABY" LULL-A CAR HAM- MOCK FROM YOUR LOCAL DEALER OR PURCHASE rT AT 5ា8 Lighthouse Avenue, Monterey, California, RETAILSFORONL ONLY $ 695 on the onterev Peninsula.'

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Re: Safety For Past Generations

Smiley Surprised  Oh my goodness!  Can you even imagine??

I wonder if there were ever statistics on using that and getting in an accident.   I can't EVEN imagine that outcome being good at all.  Smiley Sad

It's from Monterey.  One of my all-time favorite places.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If involved in a wreck, that hammock would work like a slingshot, sending the child flying through the windshield with force.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   I had the same thought you did.

I would be worried that netting might end up around the child's neck in an accident.

I can't imagine how anyone thought this was a good idea.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

It is a miracle we survived the things offered to keep children safe.

May be an image of text that says 'Keep Baby SAFE with a "Lull-A-Baby" "Lull- Car Hammock Baby constantly visible; rear view vision not Impatred, SAFEST, COMFORTABLE CAR BED EVER MADE FITS ANY HARDTOP CAR ONE-MINUTE INSTALLATION YOU CAN PURCHASE A "LULL-A-BABY" LULL-A CAR HAM- MOCK FROM YOUR LOCAL DEALER OR PURCHASE rT AT 5ា8 Lighthouse Avenue, Monterey, California, RETAILSFORONL ONLY $ 695 on the onterev Peninsula.'

And yet there are those here who are nostalgic over "the good old days" and post those "we survived this and did fine" things they find online.  

I am grateful that we are more cautious these days.

Respected Contributor

This is almost reminiscent of years gone by, before mandatory car seats and seat belts, when a parent driving the car would extend their right arm across us being in the front passenger seat.  As if their arm was enough of a barrier to keep us safe if they had to stop short.  But somehow it was.  At least for us.  Knock on wood, we grew up accident free.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

Yep it's a different world.   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh that's so scary. But there are still some people who ride around with a child on their lap in the front seat of a car...nothing up there in the cranium but fuzz.

Back in the 60s, my folks had an older car from the 50s without seatbelts. We rode around town jumping and hopping in the back seat or hanging out the windows! No one ever gave it another thought.  Yeah different world...more vehicles on the road. People doing everything except driving while driving!

edited to add the only concern my mom had was that she would never get the tangles out of out waist length hair "get your head back in the car...I will never get the knots out of your head" 😫

Honored Contributor

Different times....different challenges.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mersha 

I don't remember seeing these things used by anyone I knew. My late sister had 5 kids and never saw one in any vehicle she drove.

To me, back many decades, and up to the present! The most important safety feature in any motor vehicle driven on our Public Roadways?  That would be the driver, and them having 100% of their focus on driving.

I have said it many times here in different forums. Got my drivers license in 1955 and have never been the driver in any type of incident that involves another vehicle. And much of driving was towing Race Cars hundreds of miles on 2-lane highways.

Hard to drive anywhere and not see many drivers with their hand on their ear(ear must itch)!  I have never and will never be distracted when I am driving any motor vehicle on public roadways.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)