Respected Contributor

Last night's show was strange. 

Yorelis & Jim and Gaby & Neptune were wonderful. The rest of the performances were pretty bad in part due to awful choreography.  Sexy fish?????  Really?

I agreed with saving Neptune but not so much with Derek.

I love the stage group numbers.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

Last night's show was strange. 

Yorelis & Jim and Gaby & Neptune were wonderful. The rest of the performances were pretty bad in part due to awful choreography.  Sexy fish?????  Really?

I agreed with saving Neptune but not so much with Derek.

I love the stage group numbers.

There's a show like this just about every season. I feel like we're at that point where the dancers are exhausted and need to find their second winds and get reenergized. Hopefully being in the top 10 and getting to work with the All Stars will do that.

I was  surprised by Derek's save. I voted for Alexis. Deciding between Neptune and Yorelis was so hard - I hated to see Yorelis go last night.

I didn't think the choreography was bad, even for the fish dance. I think the issue was the girls trying to be fish instead of trying to be burlesque dancers. I thought Travis described it well when he explained that to Alexis.

And it was nice to see Robert back in the group dances last night. I love that guy! I hope Neil comes back this year.

Honored Contributor

Re: SYTYCD 8/10

[ Edited ]

There is a review (on Yahoo) of last night's show that said it just could have been the worst show ever.

I'm not sure what was worse, fish burlesque, the dressed alike super models or Megz trying to be  sexy.

I agree saving Derek seemed an odd choice as he didn't dance last week and he was pretty bad this week. 

I'm happy to Sonya back as a choreographer.

The Street circus group number was so chaotic.  The Stage group number was beautiful.