Esteemed Contributor

I first want to Thank ALL of my friends here who offered prayers, well wishes and kind thoughts.  I’m truly lucky to be part of this wonderful community.❤️

I arrived a little early & was taken back before 8am.   Three doctors were there, the surgeon, anesthesiologist and another dental surgeon whose job it is to make changes to & fit the temporary teeth (made by my regular dentist) to the newly implanted posts.

The anesthesiologist started an IV and gave me something to relax.  He told me I’d be intubated for the procedure.  Afterwards, I learned it took about five and a half hours!  That really surprised me!  I felt bad mom had to wait so long.

Before they wheeled me to the car, the surgeon gave me some papers with instructions and 2 large ice packs.  She told me these upper temporary implants are strictly for SHOW,  NOT for Chewing and Eating anything that isn’t very soft.

They’ve called twice to check on me and she gave me her personal cellphone number.

I was told the best way to heal quickly is by staying hydrated and keeping my nutrition up.  Also, by having plenty of protein in my diet.  The instructions even recommends putting meats into a blender, YUCK!   

I’ve been rinsing my mouth with salt water followed by an anti microbial mouthwash several times a day too.

I’m trying to stay hydrated and eating a little soup and milkshakes.  I’m still hurting quite a bit and swollen.  I can’t imagine not being able to chew anything for 3-6 months!  I guess I’ll just have to get creative and figure it out.

In the end, it’ll sure be worth it…I hope & pray.🙏❤️😃

Respected Contributor

Re: 🦷 SURGERY UPDATE 🦷

@cheriere Take care of yourself! I wonder...would baby food meat work? That would at least save you the trouble of pureeing it. 

Also, Ensure may have sufficient protein, you might want to check into that.

Many years ago, my brother broke his jaw in 3 places in a car accident, and had to have his jaws wired shut for 2-3 months. He pureed EVERYTHING--even his Thanksgiving dinner! Where there's a will there's a way!

I hope you heal quickly and don't have too much discomfort.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cheriere I'm glad to hear from you and that things went well. Poor mom probably didn't know what was going on for all that time. One step at a time, I understand it takes quite a long time to do all the work but I know someone that had the whole mouth done over a long period of time and he has the greatest smile and great dental health. Congrats on your first steps Woman HappySmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@vermint 

Thank you.❤️

I didn't even think about baby food.  That's actually a pretty good idea.  I'll look into getting some Ensure too.  Mom said I might be able to try spaghetti or meatloaf in a few days, but I don't think I can try that til later on.

Your poor brother.  I don't know how her made it through Thanksgiving especially lol. ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@Estellee 

I really appreciate your saying that.  Thank you.❤️

I just hope everything heals properly.  I guess the thought of having something foreign in your body like the posts having to fuse to the bone is a little scary.  I'm gonna do my best.

I am a little disappointed in the temporary teeth the regular dentist made.  They stick out more than mine lol.  But, I can live with it.  I'm just happy to have them started.😃❤️

Respected Contributor

Glad your doing okay, hope the pain isn't too bad.  Premiere protien shakes are pretty good and they have 30 grams of protien for a little shake.

Thanks for updating us we were all worried about you.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you are doing "okay". How about those Premier Protein drinks - I think they have about 20 or 30 g of protein I usually get the chocolate - if they are cold they aren't bad.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cheriere 

You are gonna be JUST FINE!   I have a whole mouth full of individual implants.   Take my  word for it:    The WORST part is the                       $ P R I C E $

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@cheriere I am glad to hear from you. That is quite a procedure you endured. I hope things go smoothly and your recovery is an easy one.

Respected Contributor

@cheriere  The biggest and worst part is behind you now.  Concentrate on getting better each day.  I was also going to suggest baby food, especially the meats.  You could try putting the baby food meat in a blender with some pureed veggies to make a smoothie.  I would try  Googling  some smoothie recipes that include using baby food.  I bet you'll find a lot.   

Keep hydrated and take one day at a time.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!