Honored Contributor

Spending my day spraying them.  Worse than last year and they are HUGE.  I find them gross and they look like aliens in armour.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: STINK BUGS UGH

[ Edited ]

I'll take stink bugs any day over the Chinese Spotted Lanternflies we have here.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Spending my day spraying them.  Worse than last year and they are HUGE.  I find them gross and they look like aliens in armour.

ROTFLMAO!!!Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I just had one stink bug attack me on the front porch.  Last year we used a 50% peppermint oil spray around doors, windows, and not used fireplace and it did improve the situation.

Oh, we sprayed the solution on the outside of the house, except the fireplace.

Are stink bugs new or do I just not remember them?

Honored Contributor

I read that some species of stink bugs are invasive and they are the big sized ones.

Honored Contributor

I'm just starting to see stink bugs; they crawl on the outside of the screens when the windows are open.  We also have spotted lanternflies.  I found one in the house the other day; I think it came in when I had the door open to bring potted plants in.

Respected Contributor

They DO look like they are wearing armour.   I capture them in my hands and set them outside.  I've never killed one, so I've never smelled one. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Whatever you do, don't step on them or crush them.  You will absolutely smell the stink.  They need to be picked up and placed in a bucket of soapy water or flushed down the toilet (wastes water one-at-a-time though).   From what I understand, they are not killed by spraying or by normal methods exterminators  use.   Years ago they arrived on a container ship in the port of Philadelphia.  The container ship was from Asia.  Probably China, but I'm not positive about that. 

Honored Contributor

Re: STINK BUGS UGH

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 

Sorry about your Stinkbugs....not a problem here in South Texas....but maybe its because Im seeing a lot of spiders lately.... ARRRGGHHHH  lots of jumping spiders and orbweavers....

Predators of brown marmorated stink bugs include:
  • Birds.
  • Bats.
  • Spiders.
  • Assassin bugs.
  • Predatory stink bugs.
  • Parasitic flies.

See the source image

See the source image

download.jpg

Image result for arabesque orbweaver

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Oh my, those things are disgusting! I remember them well

from an invasion we had when we bought a log home in Colorado. I'll never forget the awful smell!