Honored Contributor

Think we're getting ours today. Be on look out for letter(s) if married.

1.3% increase. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SS increase notification

Never get excited - today a letter of an increase - tomorrow a letter from insurance that rates are increasing.

But I'll take an extra buck wherever I can get it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE 

Did you "LOL" your post because you're laughing-- like I am-- over how that SS increase has actually wound up as a DECREASE when it lands in my bank account?

What Social Security gives on one hand, increased Medicare premiums have  taken away on the other.

My monthly bank account deposit of SS benefits will now fall by around $100.

I'm still laughing after seeing the notice I got in the mail about a week ago. It said the "increase" is to keep up with the "increase in the cost of living"

Honored Contributor

They always increase my medical more so I never see any increase  in my S from a Cost Of Living increase ....

Respected Contributor

I think it was higher last year and I ended up with about one dollar after medicare and supplemental was taken out due to their higher costs.So, I'm not really expecting getting anthing at all on the + side more of a -.

Honored Contributor

Even with the Medicare increase, the Supplement increase and the Part D increase for both of us we are still coming out a little bit ahead each month.

Respected Contributor

Count your blessings.  My work is struggling financially because of the virus.  We are still working full time but took a 30% decrease.

Esteemed Contributor

We were notified that our increase letter was ready electronically about 2 weeks ago.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

I got my letter two weeks ago. I don't think about the COLA, so any increase is a nice surprise. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't gotten the updated figures for COLA, but only for my supplemental, so far. We shallsee. I looked and I did get to keep more than $1.00  then previously stated but not thinking it will be too much this year.