Respected Contributor

Re: SPAM: AMERICAN EXPRESS CREDIT CARD

@Ibby114 wrote:

It's such a misnomer that Apple is safe and secure! It was explained to me by our tech people at work -- since there are fewer Apple products 'out there'  the security breaches seem marginal.

Unless you're using an Apple e-mail address, it's not them. It's your e-mail provider. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@jlkz  You clicked on the link?  You should never click on links like that.  You can get a virus that way.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@jlkz  You clicked on the link?  You should never click on links like that.  You can get a virus that way.

@NickNack

You can hit FORWARD to send it to the Fraud Dept, but not click any links in the email.  A CC Fraud Support Tech told me this

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack

You can hit FORWARD to send it to the Fraud Dept, but not click any links in the email.  A CC Fraud Support Tech told me this

That's a good point @Spurt.  I've sent emails to the fraud dept. of websites, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack

If the business is going to use the forwarded email to investigate, they also need the full headers included with it.

Unfortunately, the simple act of opening some of these more sophisticated nasty email messages can activate and generate a dangerous download and/or transmit a notice to the sender telling them they reached an active email account.    For this reason, it's usually best to have strong settings and filters on the email account to automagically block these or sweep them into a spam folder without user intervention.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@NickNack

NO I did not click on the link as they requested.  I forwarded the email to government spam site.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

It's such a misnomer that Apple is safe and secure! It was explained to me by our tech people at work -- since there are fewer Apple products 'out there'  the security breaches seem marginal.

Unless you're using an Apple e-mail address, it's not them. It's your e-mail provider. 

@FrostyBabe1 I wondered what “Apple protection” was. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo You can’t forward them without opening them can you?  Also, that SPAM folder will get crowded and need to be cleared at some point. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I do have an AM EX card, but haven't received the email.....yet anyway.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

i received one of those emails also. i deleted it.

it never dawned on me to forward it to the company because i didn't know that they investigated these things. do any of the other companies email you back saying thank you or any? i just wonder if they actually do investigate.

i use to get a lot from banks that i have never had an account from. it amazes me that people that don't have an account would actually click on any link.

thank you for letting me know