Respected Contributor

Re: SOURCES FOR PRINTING CHECKS?

@Tinkrbl44 I write a check only if I have to pay a workman who did a job for me.  Otherwise I use on-line bill pay through my bank.  If I do have to order a new supply of checks, I'll do it through my bank.

Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@mimomof4 wrote:

Your bank and walmart are using the same Check printing source.  The only difference you will see is the price and maybe the check options.  

The last checks I ordered were through Costco.  Never had any issues.

@mimomof4 how could you possibly be sure of this?  That they are using the same source?  After all, there are so many options.

There are only a couple companies which manufacture checks.  I use to work in banking.  If you pay attention to the links provided by your bank or which you connect from Walmart or Costco - they are the same companies.

Here is the disclaimer on Walmart's check website: Walmart uses Harland Clarke for its provision of checks and related products through this website. 

Respected Contributor

I recently ordered checks from Bradford Exchange.  Like most people, I don't write checks very often, and with shipping and the other charges that are tacked on with various companies, they were the cheapest.  And they ARE the cheapest.  The paper is thick enough but not smooth if that makes sense.  They feel cheap, and they look cheap.  Not that it really matters, because they work, but I won't order from them again.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine seem to still be lasting from about 10 years ago when I moved.  Doubt if I use more than a couple a year.

Respected Contributor

Go to your bank and speak with someone.  many times you qualify for free checking or free checks and don't even know it.  Or sometimes it's just a matter of keeping "x" amount in 1 account.