Honored Contributor

Re: SOME POSTER'S TAG LINES....

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

It helps to do the sig line in italics or a colored font.

*********************************************************************************************

A poster instructed us on how to do the italics (which I have forgotten), but I don't think it's possible to do change the font color.  (Unless you want to change it every time you post, that is.)

To have your sig line display in italics all you need to do is start with <em> then the text of your sig.  Do no put a space between the <em> and the first word of your sig.

Edited: to remove my incorrect post.

Edited by faeriemoon too because I responded to the wrong post.  Duh! d'oh

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

*********************************************************************************************

A poster instructed us on how to do the italics (which I have forgotten), but I don't think it's possible to do change the font color.  (Unless you want to change it every time you post, that is.)

I see that you're right, faeriemoon!

I wish I were wrong because a siggy line in a color would be great! 

Esteemed Contributor

I tried to go back to my profile and fix mine to stand out different, but I cant find it in my profile. Yet it is shown on my posts! Weird!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

To have your sig line display in italics all you need to do is start with <em> then the text of your sig.  Do no put a space between the <em> and the first word of your sig.

Thanks marp!  I want to do a siggy line again so I appreciate your help.  They're much easier to differentiate from the post text when they are italicized.  thumbs up

Honored Contributor

loveschocolate wrote:
I believe if you go to "my preferences" you can block them.

The first day of the new board, when I was going through settings I found that and changed mine.   It makes a great difference, if you don't prefer to see all the extra noise that can confuse a post. 

Valued Contributor

Other methods to differentiate your tagline from the text of your post:

For bold letters, use <b> at the beginning and end of your tagline.

Or, you can add a symbol, like I did on mine, using the "Alt" key on your keyboard, located to the left or right of your space bar.

Hold down your alt key and press 1 on your number pad for a ☺

alt, 2 ....... ☻

alt, 3 ....... ♥

alt, 4 ....... ♦

alt, 5 ....... ♣

alt, 6 ....... ♠

alt, 7 ....... •

alt, 13 ....... ♪

alt, 14 ........ ♫

alt, 15 ........ ☼

alt, 21 ........ §

alt, 247 ...... ≈

alt, 234 ...... Ω

And, there are others, but you get the gist.  HTH Woman Happy

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the instructions on how to eliminate them from the postings!! 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

I tried to go back to my profile and fix mine to stand out different, but I cant find it in my profile. Yet it is shown on my posts! Weird!

Shorty, to find your sig line go to your my settings link then personal profile then personal information.  Scroll down to the space for your sig.  Don't forget to save any changes.

If you do not want to see the sig of other posters the control for that is under preferences, preference options.  Uncheck View signatures in posts.  Do not forget to press save.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Thank you for that!

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Thank you, Marp. It worked. At first I thought that I should end the italics with a </em> but no need in this case since it't the end of the text anyway.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland