Esteemed Contributor

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY RECIPIENTS QUESTION

@gidgetgh  I thought I would be so excited to receive it but since I knew when it would be deposited, it took away the excitement. I´m thankful but not excited lol.

I only decided to check on Monday to see when because of the way things were going. I would have prefered to check and see it there. Then it would have been a surprise.

Respected Contributor

@kitty60 wrote:

Pretty much everyone gets a check, earned income or social security.  There are some phase outs for income which is $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 for a couple.  All that information is available on line.  My thought, at some point we will all be paying for this immense distribution of money.  If I do not need now I can choose the charities I wish to disperse it too.

once you receive then you can do whatever you want with it    but the government isn't going to send it to someone else for you

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

DH asked his mom if she received hers. She said she would not know until she receives her bank statement? LOL!!!

She does not use online banking.

Honored Contributor

Yeah!!  Ours were deposited into my checking account today!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

If you're receiving monthly SS checks/deposits, have you received your $1200 govt check or deposit?

I thought SS recipients were supposed to be among the first to get them, but my elderly neighbor hasn't received hers, and asked me to inquire .... TIA!

Mask   Mask   Mask

Hubby receives his SS since he is retired, and I am still working. We received the full amount for a married couple when the direct deposits first came out. My mom is another story. She hasn't filed in years so I went online and gave the IRS her banking info so she will get hers when the time comes. The time hasn't come yet.

Edit:

I just checked, my mom's was direct deposited on the 29th. The son got his about the same time we got ours. The daughter always owes so your guess is as good as mine when she will get hers.

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

That would be a NO not yet for me. I get SS so it will be a direct deposit.

Not necessarily. That's what they originally said, but I know people on Social Security who get it thru direct deposit, and they received paper checks