Esteemed Contributor

SO TELL US, WERE YOU A HOMECOMING QUEEN, CHEERLEADER, MAJORETTE???

Reading the different posters for many years, you kind of get a "take" on the person, whether right or wrong.  There are different ones I would guess that  might have been one of these ~ homecoming queen, cheerleader, etc., but I could be totally off base. 

If you care to share, tell us about your experience.  I'll go first ~  I was none of the above.  I didn't like to be in the spotlight, nor was I a joiner of clubs.  I more or less went to school and then went home.......no extracurricular activities.  I am still that way......very small circle of friends.

How about you???

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: SO TELL US, WERE YOU A HOMECOMING QUEEN, CHEERLEADER, MAJORETTE???

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs, I was basically a nothing- complete wallflower but I was in the band- played french horn- and was alternate majorette- only time I twirled was in my mind or at home, LOL . 

Very small circle of friends then, since then and now.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I graduated, and that's about it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@tends2dogs, I was basically a nothing- complete wallflower but I was in the band- played french horn- and was alternate majorette- only time I twirled was in my mind or at home, LOL . 

Very small circle of friends then, since then and now.

I love this, @Suziepeach......my story exactly......although, we aren't, nor were we, nothings!

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  Me, too....cap and gown, the whole works, LOL!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I went to a Catholic high school, we didn't have the activities the public school had.  I worked full time while going to college, so I didn't get involved in anything other than classes.  So no, no and no.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

Reading the different posters for many years, you kind of get a "take" on the person, whether right or wrong.  There are different ones I would guess that  might have been one of these ~ homecoming queen, cheerleader, etc., but I could be totally off base. 

If you care to share, tell us about your experience.  I'll go first ~  I was none of the above.  I didn't like to be in the spotlight, nor was I a joiner of clubs.  I more or less went to school and then went home.......no extracurricular activities.  I am still that way......very small circle of friends.

How about you???

@tends2dogs

I was you.  Still am.

My sister and I did some local modeling, but that was not a social activity. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I was an athlete, an academic nerd who could've graduated at age 16 and a band/choir geek. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Super Contributor

I went to an all girls Catholic school in Brooklyn. I was just an observer of my local culture. The day after graduation my family moved away, I went to college and I lived happily ever after.

Honored Contributor

I was very shy in elementary, middle and high school. Great around my circle of friends, the life of the party, but shy with everyone else. 

The summer before my senior year in high school, on a whim, I tried out for the drill team and made it. And I absolutely loved every single minute of it. I wish I'd joined it the year before also. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?