Honored Contributor

Re: SO TELL US, WERE YOU A HOMECOMING QUEEN, CHEERLEADER, MAJORETTE???

no, but I'm a great audience.

Respected Contributor

I went to two high schools, one large and one very small. I was never shy about speaking up in class but no way would I have been comfortable in any kind of drill team or cheerleading situation. I will say that the girls in my small high school were all friendly. There were groups formed by common interests, but no mean girl behavior. With less than 45 kids in my graduating class, you couldn't really get away with snobby behavior or you would be left with no friends. 

Honored Contributor

I was the director of the pep club and the squad leader for the drill team at my high school during my junior and senior years.

Honored Contributor

I was a very dedicated gymnast, and an alternate cheerleader.   Fortunately, I only had to fill in twice.  

Funny what our first impressions can be .....  the first time I heard the word "homecoming" and the excitement around it, all I could think was  "Coming home from WHERE?     We are already home!  How stupid!".   LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Girl's basketball, band and chorus!

Still directing chorus.

Honored Contributor

None of the above.  I went to an al girls school and we had none of those.   No sports, no marching band.

BUT ...  I did play tenor sax in the orchestra.

Trusted Contributor

This is a great thread!

I was active in after school sports!  I played basketball, softball, and soccer!  After a couple of years of participation we would earn a letter and were called "Letter Girls"  We wore white long sweaters with our letter proudly displayed on it" 

I always dreamed about being a cheerleader but really I was not the type and also too shy to be popular as those girls were!  Also I was not the homecoming queen type either!!  I did attend dances and proms! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

hahahah. NO. We did not have majorettes (not sure what that even is but know we didn't have it). I was friends with people from all kinds of groups in school- from the popular crowd to the car club groupies to the new wave/punk crowd, even the cheerleaders and homecoming king and queen (even dated one of the "kings" at one point) but I am not into that kind of thing. I PLAYED sports (soccer, basketball, volleyball, fast pitch softball, cross country, and gymnastics) and enjoy watching sports, not cheering for them in front of large crowds. I was just never interested at all in that type of thing. No offense to anyone but I thought it was a bit silly (still do when I see adult women as cheerleaders at professional sports games). 

Honored Contributor

None of the above.

Honored Contributor

I was bussed to my junior high and high school. If you missed the school bus, that was it, it would have been a long walk home. My parents both worked so I had to make sure I got on the bus, no one would pick me up. I therefore didn't participate in after school activities. I wasn't't popular in school so I wouldn't have been a cheerleader or homecoming queen anyway.