Valued Contributor
In 1990 I scored orchestra seats (3rd row) at Radio City Music Hall to take my mom for her 60th birthday to see Sinatra. Living as close to Manhattan as I do I've seen some of the most fabulous artists one could hope to see - Aretha, The Stones, Tony Bennett, Harry Connick Jr., Moody Blues, Elton John, Tim McGraw, The Eagles, et al. Hands down Sinatra was the best! He was 75 years old and started on time, sang his heart out, recognized his musicians and left us after 2 1/2 hours, non-stop, wanting more and loving and respecting his strong work ethic and respect for his audience. Aretha and Bennett are the only two singers I've seen who come close. Not a Prima Donna bone in their bodies!
Contributor

There'll never be another Frank Sinatra.  He made it look so easy didn't he?

Esteemed Contributor

Love Frank Sinatra!!  Grew up with my parents listening to his music and Dean Martin - though both different types,

My favorite Sinatra song is Strangers in the Night.  I was lucky enough to see him in concert at Carnegie Hall.  There will never be another like him.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SINATRA FANS

[ Edited ]

I can only name two songs he had as hits in my lifetime: New York, New York and My Way, the latter I believe written by Paul Anka.  He was part of my parents' generation more than mine. I knew very little about the crooners. I never saw the attraction to the Rat Pack or some of the mentality that went with that group of performers. I know he had a long,  successful acting and singing career, but I didn't relate to him at all.

Respected Contributor

Many Sinatra fans in my family, so I am very familiar with his music.  My favorite is probably: "If You Are But A Dream."

On an old "Newhart" episode, Michael had a sort of Vision Board, and one of his goals was to: "Get chummy with Sinatra" !!!