Honored Contributor

Frank's award-winning "A Man and His Music" debuted on today's date in 1965.  Yet another reason to celebrate the peerless interpreter of classic American popular song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vpGBGwhROw

Trusted Contributor

We grew up listening to Frank's music.  My aunt Sue was a big fan and his music was always playing in her home.

I was lucky to see him perform at Carnegie Hall in 1984.

Honored Contributor

I am such a fan of Sinatra's music especially his torch/saloon songs.  I feel every word, every emotion, the sadness, regret, happiness and loss of love.  I have many favorite songs, I loved his style , his delivery, his brilliant way of making me feel what he wanted to through his songs.  He, in my opinion, was a genius of song, a voice which cannot be duplicated.  

My girlfriend introduced me to Sinatra's music and at first I didn't have any interest.  But I gave in and listened to a couple of albums and fell in love!  I was much younger then but I still feel the same about Sinatra's music.  I was fortunate to have seen him in concert at Carnegie Hall and Westchester Music Theater.  I was thrilled beyond words.  He is in a category of his own .

Respected Contributor

I was born in 1953, so came of age during "The British Invasion".  (Beatles, et al.)

In spite of this, I LOVED (and love Sinatra).  His phrasing was perfection.

I was also fortunate enough to see him in concert in the mid '70's.

Bless him for the pleasure he brought to millions through his music.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Oh, @roeroe1005, @spiderw, and @denisemb, I'm so envious of the fact that all of you got to see him in concert.

Everything you say is true-- the phrasing, (which comes from complete understanding of the lyric and soul of a song), the innate musicality, the heart and sophisticated delivery-- it's all there.

Hubby and I are Boomers also, and we adore Sinatra.  He transcends time, doesn't he?

Honored Contributor

I am a huge Sinatra fan, saw him in concert in 1978, he was truly a Man and his Music!!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Frank's award-winning "A Man and His Music" debuted on today's date in 1965.  Yet another reason to celebrate the peerless interpreter of classic American popular song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vpGBGwhROw

@Oznell At 1:00 today, on PBS WNET (NY) they are showing, Sinatra in Concert at the Royal Festival Hall. Thanks for posting, as always.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

Oh, fantastic @Coquille-- thanks for letting us know!

Esteemed Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

We grew up listening to Frank's music.  My aunt Sue was a big fan and his music was always playing in her home.

I was lucky to see him perform at Carnegie Hall in 1984.

I stood on line at the Paramount when he appeared for the first time when he was that skinny twenty one year old crooner.  I saw him perform in person many times since that first time, loved Frank Sinatra. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Ring-a-ding-ding!!!!!!!!!