Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

@loveschocolate wrote:

@Preds, is FIL acting up????

NOT A PEEP!  He's off doing his thing!  Feel so sorry for SIL.  That's part of the reason I posted what I did on FB.  The other part is because I'm missing my dad. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Preds, I am sorry. My dad passed in 2001 right after Thanksgiving so it's been awhile. When DD started preschool in 2001, I would drop her off then started going to Bob Evans restaurant to have a cup of coffee with my dad every single day. I will always cherish those moments. My mom passed in 1998 and he never recovered. It's difficult for me to even eat at Bob Evans anymore. The pain really never goes away....it lessens, but it's always there. 🙁❤️😞

Honored Contributor

Hi, @shell garden, @loveschocolate, @Preds, and everyone who's peeking!   (((@Preds))),  I'm sorry you're missing your dad.   You, too, (((@loveschocolate))).     That's a feeling that never goes away.   My Daddy passed away when I was 17, and it's amazing how often he still sneaks in and out of my thoughts.   They're always in our hearts, that's for sure.Heart 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo ... Yes they do. Especially when you see another father not respecting their child.  I'm so sorry for our grief, your DH and father and my father, but I hurt for the the children that still have theirs and the fathers turn away from them for no reason other than their selfish needs.  It breaks the childs heart worse than death in my mind.  Seeing this just makes me miss and respect my father so much more.   

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Preds wrote:

Hey @shell garden ... been missing in action ... Hmmm ... hope you were having fun. Smiley Wink

OK Fluffetts ... remind me not to take off for a few days in a row!!!!!  LOL  This week has been a nightmare and today I still couldn't fix stuff!  Out of my hands, but I'll be the one that "they" come to when it needs to be fixed.  Well, I've tried for the last week and I've got the emails to back it up.  Sad ... I shouldn't have to. Needless to say but I've been in a foul mood all week.

Good News is ... the happy couple made it back last night.  Wore out because they got in late and have been going thru gifts and trying to pack up their house today.  The home they are renting is sold and theirs won't be ready until Oct.  Both have a very busy schedule with work for the next few months and needed to do as much as possible today and every day in between.  I think they are going to move in with her dad until the house is ready.  Lordy, help them both on that one.  LOL   

Get outta that foul mood, woman.....you know they can NOT survive without you.....so show them who's boss and well, can't say it here, rotf...brahahahahaha.

I am SO GRATEFUL I am retired.  I am only 63, but retired at 48 at the medical college where I was manager of a dept.....but, worked twice after retirement just for fun, last one being at my vets office part time.  I took care of my mom until she passed in 2008.  Nope, kicking up my heels not having to work...I have paid my dues to society, yep I have.

Y'all are talking about missing your dads, Preds, Doobs and Loves.  My dad has been gone since 1974 and I was barely in my 20's.....miss him, my mom and my first DH the worse....but, I know they are always with me.

Yes, I haven't posted in a few days.  When I have things I need to get done around the house and in the yards (mowing) which I did those few days, I stay away from my computer, cause my bahunkus tends to start getting lazy, big time and I don't want to do anything.  I wish I was having fun.....but not in that 100 heat last week, past month in fact.  Another round of hot and high 90's this week and I am SICK of it.

So glad to hear DD and SIL had a wonderful honeymoon.  They will survive living with her dad....hopefully, and if not .....then there is ALWAYS MOM!  Right?  LOL.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@Preds wrote:

Hey @shell garden ... been missing in action ... Hmmm ... hope you were having fun. Smiley Wink

OK Fluffetts ... remind me not to take off for a few days in a row!!!!!  LOL  This week has been a nightmare and today I still couldn't fix stuff!  Out of my hands, but I'll be the one that "they" come to when it needs to be fixed.  Well, I've tried for the last week and I've got the emails to back it up.  Sad ... I shouldn't have to. Needless to say but I've been in a foul mood all week.

Good News is ... the happy couple made it back last night.  Wore out because they got in late and have been going thru gifts and trying to pack up their house today.  The home they are renting is sold and theirs won't be ready until Oct.  Both have a very busy schedule with work for the next few months and needed to do as much as possible today and every day in between.  I think they are going to move in with her dad until the house is ready.  Lordy, help them both on that one.  LOL   

Get outta that foul mood, woman.....you know they can NOT survive without you.....so show them who's boss and well, can't say it here, rotf...brahahahahaha.

I am SO GRATEFUL I am retired.  I am only 63, but retired at 48 at the medical college where I was manager of a dept.....but, worked twice after retirement just for fun, last one being at my vets office part time.  I took care of my mom until she passed in 2008.  Nope, kicking up my heels not having to work...I have paid my dues to society, yep I have.

Y'all are talking about missing your dads, Preds and Loves.  My dad has been gone since 1974 and I was barely in my 20's.....miss him, my mom and my first DH the worse....but, I know they are always with me.

Yes, I haven't posted in a few days.  When I have things I need to get done around the house and in the yards (mowing) which I did those few days, I stay away from my computer, cause my bahunkus tends to start getting lazy, big time and I don't want to do anything.  I wish I was having fun.....but not in that 100 heat last week, past month in fact.  Another round of hot and high 90's this week and I am SICK of it.

So glad to hear DD and SIL had a wonderful honeymoon.  They will survive living with her dad....hopefully, and if not .....then there is ALWAYS MOM!  Right?  LOL.

UMMMMM?  NO!  Her room is now my closet! Love them, but NO!!!!!!!!!  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Forgot to say, Preds....you mention to remind you not to take off so many days in a row again....CHILD PLEASE, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

At the medical college, we had excellent benefits.  You accumulated (depending on number of years worked) up to 14 hours a month for annual time off, plus 4 unofficial holidays a year, and 8 hours sick a month.  Well, every end of December, you could NOT accumulate your annual over 365 hours or you would lose anything OVER 365.  Say I had 400 by the end of Dec., I had to use all but 365 hours.

Anyway, because I was there so long and accumulated alot of annual, I would have to use up my over 365 hours before the end of December, then I would start accumulating again in January.  I would have 5 weeks a year to use or lose, and I would always take a week here and a week there because like you said.....the work was HORRENDOUS when I got back.  Needless to say, when I knew I was retiring, my bahunkus, for the first time, took a 2 week period off.  LOL, it felt good.

Esteemed Contributor

CLOSET OVER A YOUNGIN'??????  Hey, she can help you clean and SIL can do the yards.  Yeah baby!

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Hi, @shell garden, @loveschocolate, @Preds, and everyone who's peeking!   (((@Preds))),  I'm sorry you're missing your dad.   You, too, (((@loveschocolate))).     That's a feeling that never goes away.   My Daddy passed away when I was 17, and it's amazing how often he still sneaks in and out of my thoughts.   They're always in our hearts, that's for sure.Heart 

HI DOOBS.....we are all missing our dads.  So true they are always in our hearts.  Hope you are doing well.

Esteemed Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

Image result for animated peeking

ALRIGHT LOVES....ALRIGHT SHOWME.  One of you is a "peeking" and one of you is a "peeking and a pooting",

Bet SHOWME is the latter, ROTF, LOL, OMG, HELP ME, Brahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  Lubs ya.