Trusted Contributor

Re: SCHOOL REUNION

[ Edited ]

I graduated in 1971 and have attended several reunions over the years.  I think one thing that made them more fun was I left my husband at home (he did not attend my school) and went with my best friend from childhood.  Each time we would make a weekend of it and enjoyed being back in our hometown.  

I think it is worth making a effort to look nice for the reunion, but most of my classmates totally looked their age (or older).  Hopefully appearances don't matter anymore like they did in high school.

Generally, I found that the women were much nicer than they were in high school.  

Respected Contributor

My 66th Year Reunion is comoing up in a couple of months, I definitely plan to go.  Should I worry about how I look as compared to the rest of my classmates?  Nope.  Not a nit. They are all just as old as I am.

Honored Contributor

I had never been to a class reunion until this past year when I went to my 40th high school reunion.   I'm so glad I went....I had a great time!   I'm now keeping in touch with many classmates on Facebook.   I hope to be able to attend the 45th.   (I do live on the other side of the country now).  

Respected Contributor

Went to a coed Catholic high school.  We have had reunions every 5th year and DH and I go.  He has made new friends although he didn't attend my high school.  Our 50 th was the best one yet:  we got to the point that it was past time to let our hair down and just dance the night away and enjoy each other's company while we could.

The number of those who have passed keeps growing.  Our 55 th is this September.  A sign that we are aging: it will start and end earlier !

This last summer I attended my 50 th college reunion.  We have reunions every 5 years and it's pretty much a Saturday event without husbands.  A truly impressive group of fun women !

Time is short:  enjoy the opportunities if you can.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill