Honored Contributor

I went to Dh's 30th HS reunion it was fun, he also went to a reunion of mine it was not a specific year it was a group of us from my elementary school that reunited thru Facebook, it was a blast

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

my 5oth reunion is in september. dh and i are right now planning on attending.  have to check flights and prices costs. 

right now am going will see as time gets closer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Our reunion was a disaster from what I hear.  I didn't go because I knew it would be.  My "friends" and I parted a long time ago and we have moved on.  The few I've tried to connect with ... one time only. 

Went to one husbands and it was fun.  DH has gone to some of his and enjoyed.  He's not sure about the next one.

My mom, dad  and granny tried to never miss theirs. 

Everyone will have fun, but you can never go back.  Don't worry about what you do or how you look.  Trust me ... they will look worse and still spill the same bull.  LOL

@Preds

I am so sorry that your reunion was a not so fun time.

You are so upbeat and full of joy, I would think everyone would have loved to be with you. 

Sometimes people do change through the years, and I am aware of the old statement -Moved On-. 

I left home~ _relocated_ after graduation from nursing/medical school when married. I lost track of many friends living far away geographically, but what a treat to be at our reunions.

I hope that your next one ('if so',) will be one great event.

I prayerfully want THAT for Woman Happy you. 

NAES

@Preds Heart~

Honored Contributor

I'm in contact with the only people I care to keep in touch with in my hometown. I have zero desire to go to my HS reunion. I left that place and never looked back. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom - I feel the same way!

Honored Contributor

I think if you are interested, you should go! Have fun. Not everyone there is out to judge looks, income, etc. 

I have never gone to any of my reunions (my 40th will be in a couple of years....OMG, I didn't really understand the impact of that number until I typed it!!LOL). Ours are not very well attended, are mostly about drinking (and I don't) and from the few pictures I've seen online of the last couple, not a single person that I want to see or reconnect with is there. 

My great aunt and uncle went to their high school reunions, and there were big grade school reunions of people who ever went to their little country school, clear up until they passed away in the mid eighties. They loved it. I just would find no joy in it, so I pass.

Respected Contributor

xraytech,  As the years go by and school mates pass away, the petty ****** is pretty much gone.  Who cares who was in what chique?   The ones with hair may not have it anylonger and the beautiful ones look the same as everyone else.     In my class, We have lost at least two class mates to death since 2014 and the death tree with names of the dead is filling.   Times wasting.....

Respected Contributor

Last year was my 50th HS reunion but I didn't go.  I went to 3 different high schools (due to moving, then a newer school being built) so really had no desire to travel 1700 miles for it.  However, years ago I did go back for my 40th elementary school reunion.  Most of us went K thru 8 at the same school so there were many memories there.  At first I was a little reluctant because last time most of those people saw me I was 100 lbs. soaking wet (freshman in HS) and now I look way different.  Then a former classmate offered to let me stay at her house for 3 nights so that clinched it for me.  I had the best time and am so happy I went.      

Honored Contributor

My 50th will be next year.

Went to my 10th year reunion & had a blast!!!!

djsmilie.gif

Went to my 25th year, walked in & recognized not a soul nor did anybody acknowledge me.  Mind you I walked around the whole room.  Sat at the bar, smoked a ciggy & wondered who in the hell were all these old people.  I had to walk back out to make sure I was at the right event & building.

Even the DJ was playing 60's music.

I walked up to the DJ & asked if he had any "booty shaking" music-hip hop in particular?  He looked at me like I speaking in tongues.  He then cleared his throat & stated it was what the reunion organizer wanted.

I walked out but not before piling 2 plates of food & grabbing 2 bottles of champagne (was labled 25th reunion) that I paid for in advance.  I had to beg the food servers to wrap my plates w/aluminum foil. Smiley Sad

I WILL NOT be attending my 50th.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

Just received an email that my 50th year public school reunion is coming up.

have any of you attended a reunion or just decline because how you look

now or other reasons.kind of nervous i still look pretty good and would love

to see how the others are doing and their accomplishments.

@heart of savino  To be honest with you, I couldn't care less about my HS reunions.  I went to the 10 yr. and found that the cliquey people were still just as cliquey.  I went to another gathering a few years ago and they still hadn't changed.  That said, when I was in jr. high (now called middle school), we had an awesome group of kids.  Nobody cared about what someone else had and we were all just friends - a very close class.  The sad part is that our class was split between two differrent high schools so there were many who we never saw again.  I was involved with some other ladies in arranging a 30 yr. reunion of our 8th grade class several years ago.  People actually travelled from states far, far away.  It was such a blast, yet the evening was over with all too soon.  Since then, Facebook was invented and several of us have been able to stay in touch.  We did another gathering, very small scale, last August (our 45th anniversary of our 8th grade graduation).  It wasn't heavily attended, but we still had a fantastic time.  We even got a few of our old teachers to attend.  Sure, we all have our extra pounds, sags, bags, thinning hair, but who cares?  Everyone else does too.  I wouldn't have missed it for the world.  Some of the ladies are planning to get together for a long weekend this summer.