Honored Contributor

Re: SAndra Bullock's generosity

@Leelee1123 wrote:

Beyonce has kept it on the downlow but it is rumored that she gas donated an estimated 7 million!! 

@Leelee1123  No-she has donated an estimated $7 mil throughout the years to the Knowles-Tenemos Place Apartments, a complex she  started to help with Katrina evacuees.

Beyonce is from Houston.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

I saw Rachael Ray also donated a million dollars. 

Maybe it encourages others who have the funds to donate. 

Yes, The Rachael Ray Foundation donated 1 million to help support the animals affected by Harvey.  That warms my heart as the needs are everywhere.

Respected Contributor

People should be thankful for every dollar that gets donated.  

When celebrities donate, it encourages others to do so.   

Esteemed Contributor

No good deed goes unpunished. I am grateful for anyone who gives anything. I was amazed by the criticism celebrities got on FB yesterday. Half the celebrities I don't even like but jeez. I am thankful they gave. I could care less if they talked about how much they gave because otherwise they are knocked because people think they did give. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

It started with Kevin Hart's donation and then his tagging several of his friends to do the same.  Well intentioned and it is spreading, so that's a nice thing.

However, I am sure Beyonce and some others would have donated generously anyway, they always do.

The donations are what's important imo, not the bullwacky that usually accompanies it.

Honored Contributor

@redshoes826 wrote:

It is a wonderful thing she has done, what I do not understand is why would she or the place she donated to give the amount she gave.  That to me is tacky, when I donate to a cause I do not go and tell people how much I gave.

Perhaps to encourage others with her means to donate generously...

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

I saw Rachael Ray also donated a million dollars. 

Maybe it encourages others who have the funds to donate. 

Yes, The Rachael Ray Foundation donated 1 million to help support the animals affected by Harvey.  That warms my heart as the needs are everywhere.

She is a huge animal lover. I remember the story of her donating money to Pittsburgh Aviation Animal Rescue...they pick up rescue dogs. She has also covered adoption fees at shelters. 

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Not a fan of people - celebrity or not - who toot their own horns.

Not to mention it's a tax write-off for the wealthy.

Last time I heard, it's a tax write-off for everyone and if people want to "toot", let the tooting begin.  Every dollar counts.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Not a fan of people - celebrity or not - who toot their own horns.

Not to mention it's a tax write-off for the wealthy.

Last time I heard, it's a tax write-off for everyone and if people want to "toot", let the tooting begin.  Every dollar counts.

@RoughDraft, I think that you misunderstood @YorkieonmyPillow. What she meant  was that she is grateful for those whose wealth allows them to help so generously in this time of great need and suffering.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I heard harvey is worse than katrina.

I haven't heard a comparison of the two storms but what is good to see is that the homeless shelters are taking in people's pets with this storm.