Honored Contributor

Re: SAndra Bullock's generosity

@Cakers3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

She is a big supporter of the Red Cross.

This is nice on her part but I sure hope we are not going to be swamped with threads for every celebrity who donates.

We don't have to read all the threads about it.  It would be great to see the super wealthy donate large sums!

@QueenDanceALot  Yes, we can bypass the threads.  Thank you for that bit of advice.

My point is that everyone is jumping up and down over ONE celebrity.  Sandra is a nice person; I've even seen her in Austin.

I'm sure many rich people will be donating either publicly or discreetly. 

As long as the suffering people are being taken care of now and in the future, I really don't get all excited over people with big bucks donating.

As it has been stated, people can give or not give.  It doesn't matter to me about income.

@Cakers3

I am not jumping up and down.  Just stating that as far as I'm concerned there can be 2000 threads started about people who give.

Doesn't bother me in the least.  As long as money keeps getting where it's needed.

@QueenDanceALotYes you are.  My computer shook when you posted. Smiley Tongue

@Cakers3

I'm practicing my fouette turns.

Cat Tongue 

Honored Contributor

I heard harvey is worse than katrina.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I think Sandra usually donates and helps in areas without making a big fuss. She is known for being one of the most generous actors around, especially in Louisiana, where she has a home. 

This time she gave a statement about people coming together. I think we've seen that - no matter how strong our differences are, look at what you see on TV. People are helping people, not paying attention to who they are or what they believe.

Some celebrities donate making a big fuss about it; some are known for doing it without making a big fuss. It doesn't matter - the money will help!

I'd like to see the Hollywood community try to outdo each other when it comes to donations! I can imagine some who would, and can you even imagine how many people THAT would help? Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Humble money, ostentatious money, quiet money, loud money.

Bring it on to those who need it so badly!

Regular Contributor

Beyonce has kept it on the downlow but it is rumored that she gas donated an estimated 7 million!! 

Honored Contributor

I hope her generosity is a nudge to the many celebs out there who have the funds to do similarly.  So much devastation.  I'm so sad every time I see the pictures.

Super Contributor

Rachel Ray also donated 1 million.   Nice to hear of so many generous people in times of need!

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Not a fan of people - celebrity or not - who toot their own horns.

Not to mention it's a tax write-off for the wealthy.

It's a tax write off for the not-so-wealthy

I take it off my income tax form

Honored Contributor

One of the things we just never know about many of these huge donations -  besides that each is so generous and so needed -  is why here and why now because very few wealthy are wealthy enough to give everywhere there is need every time there is need. 

The best givers (if there is such a list in our heads) are those who give with both their hearts and their heads.  I applaud Bollock's generosity -  and don't care what others gave or didn't give because I have no access to their overall financial life including their other donations.  . 

Honored Contributor

The country singer Miranda Lambert is originally from Texas.   She has a foundation and has rescued dogs from Houston.   Muttnation Foundation is her charity.