Honored Contributor

Re: Rupert Murdoch Engaged to Jerry Hall - Odd Couple!

Even if Hall is wealthy in her own right, her wealth can't compare to Murdoch's.  So he still offers financial security, even though she's got plenty of money.  It's a different level.

Honored Contributor

I always thought Mick looked old and haggard even when he was *young*.

She's not one for handsome men?

Valued Contributor

Adds up to Money.............................

Esteemed Contributor

I'm guessing she has very low expectations in this marriage...just monetary security. I mean he can't possible have "moves like Jagger."  LOLOL.

Respected Contributor

I must admit to being cynical when I heard this, but I hope they are happy together.  They are both older (him more so than her, obviously) and maybe they have a companionship and a meeting of the minds rather than that kind of physical attraction.  I can't imagine settling for this, but then I'm not dating a billionaire like Jerry Hall is!  It could be that once she got to know Murdoch they clicked in whatever way necessary to make a bond.  He certainly must be a fascinating individual even if he's older, and they must have gone fabulous places together.  I wish them both much luck and happiness and no dirty dealing of one against the other.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoJoV wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Unattractive old men look like gods if they're also very wealthy.

Exactly. Donald is a puuurfect example.  

Oh, please, Donald is FABULOUS, as are his model wife and his beautiful ex-wife, Ivana.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I must admit to being cynical when I heard this, but I hope they are happy together.  They are both older (him more so than her, obviously) and maybe they have a companionship and a meeting of the minds rather than that kind of physical attraction.  I can't imagine settling for this, but then I'm not dating a billionaire like Jerry Hall is!  It could be that once she got to know Murdoch they clicked in whatever way necessary to make a bond.  He certainly must be a fascinating individual even if he's older, and they must have gone fabulous places together.  I wish them both much luck and happiness and no dirty dealing of one against the other.

This Murdoch/Hall marriage reminds me a bit of Jackie Kennedy marrying Onassis.  Jackie had plenty of money but Onassis had way more, and it was a beauty and the beast situation.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Unattractive old men look like gods if they're also very wealthy.

Exactly. Donald is a puuurfect example.  

Oh, please, Donald is FABULOUS, as are his model wife and his beautiful ex-wife, Ivana.

Yeah, right .... ugh .....   gag ........  barf.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When you are talking about the top international one percent, it's likely a very small group and they probably all know each other.     

It's possible that they first met many years ago at a charity function and he's always had a thing for her.  Who knows?  

Unless we hear otherwise, I think it's wise to assume that HE did the proposing .... and this is a guy that defintely doesn't have to get married if he doesn't want to!

Beyond the love and compatibility that one expects to be there in a married couple, a wealthy man like Rupert will probably want his spouse to have certain attributes ....  such as being easy to travel with at the drop of a hat.  (Jerry travelled with Mick and the Rolling Stones ... check.)

They will obviously  have more than one home (Australia, NYC and London or Paris)  and I'm sure Jerry has experience managing more than one household and all the staff each home requires. ...  (check) 

Another important attribute is that she must be able to handle a heavy social schedule and be able to entertain easily. ...  (check)

Lastly, she must be great fun to spend time with .... (check.)

Since I doubt any of us here personally know Rupert or Jerry, we can only speculate about their relationship and chemistry.    And I'm guessing that their age difference is irrelevant.   Who cares?  

What's NOT required of her is that she be a good cook and knows how to make her own clothes.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

What's NOT required of her is that she be a good cook and knows how to make her own clothes.  LOL

Or do housework.   

Since you stated "who cares" tiwice on this thread already, why are you weven speculating?