Respected Contributor

Re: Rude Post Office Employees

I'm lucky - first house I owned we had a ton of different carriers so it was almost like we were an afterthought and service was mostly spotty, etc.

The last two homes have had wonderful carriers and as for going to the actual post office, I just rarely do that anymore.  There are enough UPS/Fedex/Mailbox type stores around here to mail packages and I can buy stamps at the grocery store.

Respected Contributor

I have a friend who is a postal worker and says they are treated just awful. They do all hate their jobs but no reason to be rude. She has one more year before retirement and then she is gone.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

I didn't even get a chance to say why I was calling when I was cut off and put on hold for 10 minutes when I decided to hang up and call back. I politely stated I was on hold and no one came back. The same rude postal employee cuts me off again and proceeds to put me on hold.

I call two more times then no one answers. But somehow this is my fault and I'm blamed for having a tone that carried over when I never even got a chance to say why I was calling in the first place. This is completely unacceptable. Customers shouldn't be treated like that. I have a right to know if USPS is really coming to make the pick up or not. They never showed up and I had to run to drop off the packages, which greatly inconvenienced my schedule.

It's so easy to judge and make assumptions because some people think they know what happened when they weren't there.

She may have been helping another customer who had been there first.  Perhaps if you had not repeatedly hung up and called back she could have finished with the other customer and been able to handle your question.  Demanding immediate attention is a little much.

@CrazyDaisy  Please kindly explain why you're blaming me?

I called someone picked up, I didn't even get a chance to say why I was calling and in 3 seconds she cuts me off while I'm speaking and then it's over 10 minutes and no one comes back to the phone. I call back and while I'm trying to talk once again she cuts me off and puts me on hold.

I'm not sure why posters here are making excuses for postal employees when the USPS manager at that post office, the postal inspector's office and the main USPS toll-free line where I sent my complaint say I'm 100% correct and apologized and agreed that behavior is unacceptable and has no excuse. 

The rudeness I experienced was on top of USPS not showing up to make the pick-up.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

@JBKO

I'm sorry to hear that.  

I live in a more rural community, and our PO employees are always pleasant.  We know most of their names and have seen them for years.  Perhaps that makes a difference.

Like someone said, there are rude folks everywhere. 

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

I didn't even get a chance to say why I was calling when I was cut off and put on hold for 10 minutes when I decided to hang up and call back. I politely stated I was on hold and no one came back. The same rude postal employee cuts me off again and proceeds to put me on hold.

I call two more times then no one answers. But somehow this is my fault and I'm blamed for having a tone that carried over when I never even got a chance to say why I was calling in the first place. This is completely unacceptable. Customers shouldn't be treated like that. I have a right to know if USPS is really coming to make the pick up or not. They never showed up and I had to run to drop off the packages, which greatly inconvenienced my schedule.

It's so easy to judge and make assumptions because some people think they know what happened when they weren't there.

She may have been helping another customer who had been there first.  Perhaps if you had not repeatedly hung up and called back she could have finished with the other customer and been able to handle your question.  Demanding immediate attention is a little much.

I called someone picked up, I didn't even get a chance to say why I was calling and in 3 seconds she cuts me off while I'm speaking and then it's over 10 minutes and no one comes back to the phone. I call back and while I'm trying to talk once again she cuts me off and puts me on hold.

I'm not sure why posters here are making excuses for postal employees when the USPS manager at that post office, the postal inspector's office and the main USPS toll-free line where I sent my complaint say I'm 100% correct and apologized and agreed that behavior is unacceptable and has no excuse. 

The rudeness I experienced was on top of USPS not showing up to make the pick-up.

Don't take it to heart @NycVixen. There are posters on this forum who must not know your history of kindness and sense of fairness. Anyone who read your posts would know that about you.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11  Thank you for your kind post Heart . That was really nice to say and it made my day.

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

get over it

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@Trinity11  Thank you for your kind post Heart . That was really nice to say and it made my day.

You are a treasure here @NycVixen. Articulate and very pleasant, I always read your posts here. Heart

Respected Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

I've had to speak with people who are foreigners and don't speak the language well, but I try to maintain my patience.

I actually had the same issue with a delivery exception back in the fall and a gentleman I spoke to was very nice and helpful. My hope was that I would get simliar service this time around but the lady kept cutting me off when I tried to explain the situation that I had to stop and ask her if I could please start from the top.

foreigners??

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are a few post offices nearby.  I go to the one where the employees are nicer.  The other one has some cranky folks working there.  No need to take it out on a customer.