Honored Contributor

Bacon grease on nubuck suede shoes

Last weekend I splashed bacon grease on me, getting my top and also my Earth nubuck suede sandals.  I got some burns on the top of my foot.

I soaked the top in Dawn Dish Soap, straight on the fabric and let soak for a couple of days.  Today I used Resolve Carpet Cleaner in the foam spray on my shoes.  The bacon grease came out with 1 application and a little scrubbing with a brush.

Hope these tips will help you if ever need to get grease out of fabric.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Re: Bacon grease on nubuck suede shoes

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Last weekend I splashed bacon grease on me, getting my top and also my Earth nubuck suede sandals.  I got some burns on the top of my foot.

I soaked the top in Dawn Dish Soap, straight on the fabric and let soak for a couple of days.  Today I used Resolve Carpet Cleaner in the foam spray on my shoes.  The bacon grease came out with 1 application and a little scrubbing with a brush.

Hope these tips will help you if ever need to get grease out of fabric.

Sorry to hear you got burned, but thanks for the tip.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie.  Good to know.  I would have considered that stain to be impossible.p

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I thought you were going to ask how to remove the oil.

I was going to suggest trying putting some baby powder on it to absorb the oil. I also thought maybe those oil blotting sheets you use on your face would probably work.

Glad you were able to clean your new shoes.

A bottle of bbq sauce fell out of the bottom of one of those plastic bags & got all over my birkenstocks. I used vinegar to blot the mess from my sandals. It worked.

Honored Contributor

Everytime I get grease on clothing, I use dawn, it works every time.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Well done!  I need to get a spot cleaner for the carpet, think I'll try Resolve thanks to your experience.

Respected Contributor

I was going to suggest Dawn!  I like Resolve too. Glad it worked.  Hope your burns are okay.