Honored Contributor

I had a medical test yesterday morning. I was in the waiting area of the office and sitting about 2 chairs over was a woman who was practically coughing up a lung. She was making no attempt to cover her cough at all. Just playing on her phone, coughing away.

I got up and moved to the other end of the waiting area. At one point she got up and walked out, only to return a few minutes later stinking to high heaven of cigarettes and coughing some more. At one point her phone rang and the ringtone was a rap song complete with the F bomb throughout the song. She finally picked it up (after she quit coughing) and continued with a very loud conversation.

I just don't even know what goes on in people's brains anymore.

Honored Contributor

I have been there too...not the f-bomb thingy though...Everything she did was over the top rude.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

In my doctor's office they now have masks for those with colds, coughs, flu, etc., with a sign telling you to either put it on or make another appointment.

I try to sit as far away from folks like this as I can ... who wants to hear rap and/or someone's conversation ... I just don't get these people.

Honored Contributor

People just don't care.

I see people doing all kinds of horrible things in public. I wonder what they do at home.

Super Contributor

This country is filled with rude, clueless people and it's getting worse every day. Talking on cellphones, coughing, sneezing without covering their mouths, loud loud music blasting, littering, dressing like slobs, lack of manners, cussing...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor
On 1/22/2015 Cattitude said:

This country is filled with rude, clueless people and it's getting worse every day. Talking on cellphones, coughing, sneezing without covering their mouths, loud loud music blasting, littering, dressing like slobs, lack of manners, cussing...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Very true.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh we could write a book ... Smile

Super Contributor
On 1/22/2015 SoX said:

Oh we could write a book ... Smile

Yes we could! Don't get me started.{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor
I would have said something to her about the coughing.
Honored Contributor

Manners are all but out of vogue entirely. I don't go out much anymore because I just end up frustrated that it seems like 80% of the people I see are either idiots or aholes. I DO fully realize there are still nice, intelligent, polite people out there and appreciate every bit of that. But they seem to be in the minority.

I was recently at the oral surgeon's office and noticed that I was the only person in the waiting room not glued to a phone - punching away. Clueless. The place could have caught on fire. Up to the point when I was called in, nobody else even acknowledged when their name was called until it was called a few times and the person at the door was getting kind of aggravated. Then they look up like 'who, me?'. No 'sorry about that' or anything. Just abject cluelessness and complete lack of social graces.