Respected Contributor

Sadly manners appear to be obsolete.

Super Contributor
On 1/22/2015 bikerbabe said: I would have said something to her about the coughing.

The guy in the movie theater said something to the guy on his cellphone, they got into a popcorn throwing shouting match and next thing you now out comes a gun and one guy is dead, the other gets locked up for life. Not pretty. I wouldn't bother saying anything to anybody these days in public because you just don't know if they're packing heat and or a psychopath.

Honored Contributor
On 1/22/2015 bikerbabe said: I would have said something to her about the coughing.

I was just getting up to ask for a mask for myself when they called me to go in the back for my test.

As I was walking in the back, I passed a lot of rooms and in one of them was a girl in pajamas and slippers. I instantly thought she was probably with the woman in the waiting room! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

It is all over with the loud on the phone talking..the coughing up a lung..just coughing in the air..

I was in the Convenience Store the other morning paying for a hot chocolate..the lady starting hacking into her hand..I had a $5 bill in my hand..and was going to hand it to her..I hesitated..thinking maybe she would use some hand sanitizer or SOMETHING in her pocket..she didn't..

I quickly put the money away and got out my bank card and swiped it..for $1.39!!

I looked at the lady behind me and she shook her head and said..""I don't blame you..am doing the same..""

In the MD office the other day - waiting..a lady comes out..stands to make another appt (not reg MD..Spine Rehab) and starts HACKING..if she had three lungs I would of thought every one was on its way up!! No move to put anything on her hand..and the poor girl at the Reception Desk..

Nobody has any manners when it comes to coughing and hacking all over..sickness is all over are area..as I am sure it is all over yours too.

Walking thru the Market is another OMG moment..you take your health into your hands for sure!!!

I know many kids are too young to use their arms and not their hands but my grandson is 2.5 and we are teaching him and he will use his arm!! Kids have such heavy bronchial productive coughs and you know it is airborn..it is hard situation with them.

As for the stinking to high heavens of smoke. I don't think smokers realize HOW BAD they really smell..you get behind them in line etc and you have to breath into your jacket..the smell is so overwhelming.

I see kids stuck in cars with the windows up and parents in their puffing away..makes me ILL..

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I see it all going to my Dr.'s offices, the movies, out to eat. People are rude.

What bothers me most is people blabbing on cellphones everywhere, and or having their phones go off.

And middle aged women who cant keep quiet in a movie theatre! Children and teens never act up at any movies we go to. Its always middle aged women blabbing during movies like theyre at home in their living rooms!

I often want to say something at the movies but I don't because you never know what they will do now days. So we try to sit where no one else sits or go to early movies when its empty.

But I did say something one time at a restaurant we were at. 2 couples were sitting behind us. ALL of their phones kept going off AND they were laughing about it. I finally said (loud enough so they could hear me), For crying out loud, cant people put their phones down at dinner?" They turned them off!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor
On 1/22/2015 brii said:

People just don't care.

I see people doing all kinds of horrible things in public. I wonder what they do at home.

You hit the nail on the head ............. it's the ME generation, I'll do whatever the H I want to do and I don't care who is bothers or hurts!{#emotions_dlg.angry}

ETA: We don't bother going to the movies anymore, all the inconsiderate people, plus they are expensive, wait for Netflix and enjoy in my own home!

Super Contributor

I wouldn't appreciate being at the movies near someone coughing a lot, but I wouldn't call them out about it at the doctor's. I kind of expect people there to have coughs and wounds and nasty stuff.

The other behaviors, the phone etc, OK, that was rude.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, it totally doesn't surprise me. A couple a months ago I had a really bad URI and I had to go to several drs for it. I let the nurse know as soon as I got there because despite covering my mouth I wanted to wear a mask and they gave me one right away when I asked for it. I am actually surprised the drs office didn't offer the person coughing a mask.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor
Remember when parents taught their children manners? Cover your mouth when you cough, .....say please thankyou, excuse me,...don't stare,etc, etc.
Honored Contributor
On 1/22/2015 Jannabelle said: Remember when parents taught their children manners? Cover your mouth when you cough, .....say please thankyou, excuse me,...don't stare,etc, etc.

Don't I! The methods/punishments used on us may have been more severe than some but I'll tell ya what - we were known as THE most polite kids in town! Maybe the way it was drilled into me is part of why manners are so important to me - I don't know. But I do know that I tend to have a visceral reaction to rudeness, mocking, and bad manners. I can imagine that's probably why.

I don't think it's too much to ask for people to be considerate and polite. Apparently, I am (we are) in the minority here. Smiley Happy