Esteemed Contributor

I saw the original many years ago and was so looking forward to this updated version.  Unfortunately, I keep missing the shows!  I'm hoping to watch it at another time when I can focus and not be interrupted! 

The new RP is very handsome and I did catch the scene last night where he said, "I love you."   Sigh.....

It's been so long since I saw the original, I've forgotten the story so I am looking forward to watching it again.

Trusted Contributor

I do not know who this person is, but HUBBA HUBBA!

Honored Contributor

Aidan Turner from Ireland, he sure is gorgeous.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

This was the original Demelza, Welsh actress Angharad Rees.  She was wonderful.  She died at age 63 of pancreatic cancer.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Robin Ellis who was the original Ross has a cameo appearance as a judge in the new production. He was just as handsome in his youth

Honored Contributor

Ross and Demelza

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I saw the original many years ago and was so looking forward to this updated version.  Unfortunately, I keep missing the shows!  I'm hoping to watch it at another time when I can focus and not be interrupted! 

The new RP is very handsome and I did catch the scene last night where he said, "I love you."   Sigh.....

It's been so long since I saw the original, I've forgotten the story so I am looking forward to watching it again.

I believe you can see the episodes on pbs.org.  I had missed the series completely and watched the first two online on their site.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Aidan Turner certainly is a gorgeous young man, and he's in suberb shape.  I've seen a few photos of him with the shorter hair, and I have to say I like the long, disheveled locks much better!

But I have to admit that he's the same age as my grandson!  (That doesn't keep me from admiring the view, though!)  I'm only sorry this is a limited series.

Contributor

Love this new show on Master Piece. Aiden Turner as Ross Poldark is awsom!

Glad I caught the first show. Now I am hooked. Just like Downton Abbey you get so involved in these PBS shows. I look forword to every Sunday night. Keep watching everybody. Great entertainment!