Honored Contributor

Ridiculous Ordering during Pandemic

[ Edited ]

Has anyone been ordering items throughout the pandemic that you really don't need and/or when they arrive you wonder what you were thinking?  I got on an ordering spree and when the orders started rolling in, I had to laugh.  

I ordered a raised dog bed for my dog when we go camping, specifically for outside so she's not lying in the grass.  Is she going to lay on it?  Probably not.  She steps up on it, walks right across it and off the other edge.  LOL And I knew this about her.  

Did my beauty sponge really need it's own rose gold tone spiral holder?  No.  No it did not.  But it does now.  

I don't want this to turn judgey.  I just want funny things that have been ordered that you made go hmmmm.    

Regular Contributor

Re: Ridiculous Ordering during Pandemic

eyebrows, they did not come with any instructions. Just a sheet of eyebrows, lol

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Yes I have been doing the same.  I feel it's almost a mental illness, or a way of coping with stress.  I have a pile in my living room of packing I need to deal with.  Thank you for sharing.  I thought I was the only one!

I bought three dresses from Rue La La recently. The type I'd wear out to dinner.  However no restaurant near me will probably open the rest of this year.  WHY DO I DO THIS????????????  Also shoes are a problem.  They are stowed under my dresser in boxes, nowhere to fit them.  Nowhere to wear them.

Respected Contributor

Yeah....I was having trouble finding boxed Mac and cheese dinners to keep in my emergency food stash.  So I went on Amazon and ordered a big container of powdered cheese so I could make it with my own boxes of macaroni in a pinch.

Thr next day I ordered something again from Amazon and saw that cheese still in my order...so I clicked "order" again.

I now have two big canisters of powdered cheese!  I will pass one along to the next food drive I see!

Respected Contributor

You're bored we do weird things when bored. 
The only thing I did was panic order a bunch of yarn from Hobby Lobby because they kept running out of their own brand in certain colors. I bought $50 worth of yarn and haven't even used one skein of it yet. I'm working on it but not really into it. 

The funny thing is more the things I've had to order from amazon because they didn't come in my grocery deliveries. Parchment paper, nail clippers, and qtips to name a few. I had a friend mail me some yeast when she sent me some masks she made for me. It seems everyone is making bread right now. And cleaning their ears, clipping their nails etc. 

Honored Contributor

I don't .

Don't want to have to pay the credit card when it comes due.

Respected Contributor

No nothing at all during this time.  Only things that I really need! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

I saw a  top on a Lunchtime special and decided to order it ... and I've never ordered a logo item before. 

Oh my goodness, what was I thinking?  Now I'll have to decide if it's worth the original $3.50, plus return label fee to send it back ... or just chalk it up as mistake and donate it.

Honored Contributor

face masks... disinfectant spray...  digital thermometer... face shields... shall I go on?

Honored Contributor

I've been doing a lot of Amazon shopping.  Mainly for supplements, household supplies, and other stuff that I'd normally get on a Target run.  What I've noticed, I seem to be ordering larger sizes/quantities so I can try to stay ahead of what the future holds for us.