Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't doubt the rumors about gender-reassignment surgery. He's got a good start on it already.

Honored Contributor

I haven't read the entire thread but did notice that it was started in 2014?

I wish Richard Simmons only peace and health.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I haven't read the entire thread but did notice that it was started in 2014?

I wish Richard Simmons only peace and health.

This thread was bumped up yesterday after a new thread about Simmons got poofed by the mods. I didn't see it before it was poofed but it had "gender reassignment" in the title. I don't know who started it but it could be this thread was used to talk about Simmons because that one was unacceptable to the mods.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

The person in the photo doesn't look like Richard Simmons.  As far as I know, he's never had facial hair.  And we can't see his naturally curly (frizzy?) hair.

@ValuSkr

I agree that it looks nothing like Simmons, I actually thought it looks more like Jim Carrey, but that is his nurse/caregiver in the front seat.

I wondered if the facial hair is a disguise? And the hat hides his curly hair.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

I have always thought that Richard Simmons was a very kind, and sad soul.  He is one of the few "celebrities" that really seemed to love his fans and the thousands of people he helped.

It does seem strange that he has become almost a recluse, but I'm hoping it's related to his knee problems, and nothing else.

It makes me sad to think of him unhappy, he really seems like a wonderful person.

He sure has taken his share of teasing, being made fun of, and general meaness.

I hope you're ok Richard, I just want you to be happy......

Honored Contributor

pood1 wrote:

I have always thought that Richard Simmons was a very kind, and sad soul.  He is one of the few "celebrities" that really seemed to love his fans and the thousands of people he helped.

It does seem strange that he has become almost a recluse, but I'm hoping it's related to his knee problems, and nothing else.

It makes me sad to think of him unhappy, he really seems like a wonderful person.

I love this post!  Thank You.

He has always been so caring and taken, with much grace, all kinds of chiding over the years.   But, most of all, he has always been a giver.  I always felt that he gave and gave until he may have had little left to give.

Heart

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@pood1 wrote:

I love this post!  Thank You.

He has always been so caring and taken, with much grace, all kinds of chiding over the years.   But, most of all, he has always been a giver.  I always felt that he gave and gave until he may have had little left to give.

Heart

I suspect he may have had lifelong issues with depression, or be bipolar, self esteem issues, etc. that he was able to keep at bay, but perhaps now are getting more problematic and threatening to overpower him. And he may well feel he has a vigorously healthy image to protect, if he is not in that state any longer, so no longer wants to "be seen" if he's limping or hobbling. Arthritis can take its toll regardless and not everyone can keep going forever as they have in the past.  He might just be clinically depressed.

So many ordinary things it could be, but some people want it to be the juiciest, most outrageous gossip because that's what makes their day - talking trash about others.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all