Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

One good thing about his hospitalization is that he was under the care of, and evaluated by, medical professionals, and I'm sure many lab tests, and even brain scans, were done, so the "kept prisoner" and "those with special interests" accusations would have been able to be observed. Also, his reaction to and interaction with those people. If he was afraid of, or didn't like, his caregivers, it would have been seen. Rather than seeming like they don't care about him, admitting him to the hospital indicates that they do care.

I have a feeling (and it's just that, only a feeling) that Richard knows he has (mental stability) issues, and that he has trusted his caregivers to do the right thing if/when he can't. He may also be agoraphobic, for all we know.

It's simpler to think sinister things may be going on, but in reality he could have just been falling more deeply into mental illness that it was in his best interest that fans not see. 

He's always appeared off-the-wall, so it's not a stretch for me to believed that Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall.

IMO, mental illness IS physical illness.  Why isn't he being hospitalized to be diagnosed and treated? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Richard Simmons

[ Edited ]

I saw a headline online that he is undergoing gender reassignment.  Don't know if it's true, didn't read it because I was looking for something else.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

I too read that this morning ~ and forgot to follow up.

I also read that it's possible that he wasn't released from the hospital, since they've seen his long-time housekeeper visiting a few times.

Very strange.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I saw a headline online that he is undergoing gender reassignment.  Don't know if it's true, didn't read it because I was looking for something else.

I read that also. I really hope that isn't true, he seems so fragile emotionally.

Honored Contributor

Several major media outlets quote his publicist as saying no way. Not.

One reason he's been reclusive is he's had knee surgery and can't jump around like he used to; guess he didn't want people to see/know that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I think alot of people need prayers,not just the rich and famous.

I don't think that's why he got prayers.  The subject of the thread is Richard Simmons who has been having some problems and someone says she'll pray for him.  Why that should provoke your comment I don't know - it seems like you are chiding the poster offering prayers on a specific thread about a specific person.  Plenty of prayers to go around. 

Honored Contributor

@kelshar wrote:

I read a few weeks back that he's being held hostage by one of his staff in his own home. This person is not letting him have any outside contact. But who knows if that's true or not, or a partial truth. But whatever is going on with him, he's not in a good place in his life right now. Smiley Sad I wish him well.

@Richard called in to  a major show - Today I think it was? or some other show-- and dispelled that saying he does exactly what he wants to do.  So that's not true.  I heard his own voice when that was replayed later in the day.

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I read he's been hospitalized due to "bizarre behavior."...

@YorkieonmyPillow

Whaaaat?  Are you serious?  His middle name is Bizarre!!  He's been exhibiting bizarre behavior for as long as I've known of him!  

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Richard Simmons

[ Edited ]

My husband and I used to go to his studio. We stopped about a year and a half ago. That is when he stopped teaching. He used to be so dependabl but then he started to have health problems. 

It was fun. He would great every single person with a kiss. My big military husband hated it but he won him over. He dressed up every single time in a very feminine way. It was odd but I always thought of him halfmale half, female part clown. I loved how he was just so supportive of the under dogs. He would  teach a very hard work out and at the end he gave his pep talk. Always entertaining but he would also break down a lot and then crack a joke and class was over. I miss him and his class. Just hoping he is okay.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Read your post, @Nancy Drew.  I think you want to correct something towards the end.

How cool that you had classes with him.