Super Contributor

Please pray for RS because he is in hiding and needs a second knee surgery but doesn't want to get it. He hasn't been seen in public since January 11. He needs our prayers.

Honored Contributor

He's in hiding?

Honored Contributor

And you know all this because?????????

Super Contributor

Yes at home. If you go to TMZ they have a story on him. The news cast today says he hasn't been seen publicly due to depression.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, OP for sharing the info. He seemed like such a genuine person; one of my friends who is a bear artist met him IRL; she said he was a very nice and caring person.

Honored Contributor
On 11/13/2014 newlook said:

Yes at home. If you go to TMZ they have a story on him. The news cast today says he hasn't been seen publicly due to depression.

Oh - thanks - just read that story on TMZ. I didn't know this about him- it's so sad. Thanks for responding.

Respected Contributor

Bless his soul. I'll be praying for Richard, newlook. Hoping he will let someone assist him before it is too late.

Honored Contributor

The article I read didn't make sound like he is hiding, just that he has been sidelined at home with his bum knee.

Honored Contributor

Excerpt dated 11-13-14 from USA TODAY:

"... Relax, says Simmons. He's OK, not depressed, just a little sad.

He's been sidelined with a knee injury for the past several months, said his longtime manager, Michael Catalano.

"I am so touched by the outpouring of love and concern I have received today," Simmons said in a statement via Catalano. "I have had a tough time dealing with this injury, as it is keeping me from doing what I truly love to do and that is to teach classes around the world. I know I will see you all soon!"

Meanwhile, Simmons' Twitter feed continued to pump out workout advice..."

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I saw him on Marie Osmond's talk show once and he started crying several times.. He really is a depressed man. It's sad.