Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

The article I read didn't make sound like he is hiding, just that he has been sidelined at home with his bum knee.

@AuntG

The article I read said he is in hiding and refusing to see or speak with hiis friends.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
I heard he needs a knee replacement but is scared of having surgery. If he's depressed and can't move around much, I wonder if he has gained weight and is too embarrassed to be seen by the public?

@Kachina624

I was thinking the same thing.

Honored Contributor

g-tdy-simmons4-120125.660 (660×495)

Respected Contributor

He's always been a strange bird.  It always seems to be the most upbeat and funny celebrities are fighting silent depression battles when the cameras go away.

Respected Contributor

He can be annoying at times but it seems his heart is in the right place. I hope he gets whatever help he needs and feels better soon.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Re: Richard Simmons

[ Edited ]

@Mellie32 wrote:

He's always been a strange bird.  It always seems to be the most upbeat and funny celebrities are fighting silent depression battles when the cameras go away.

@Mellie32  This is how I always saw him as well. I think he was always fighting demons and I do not think he ever was really truly happy.  He was an emotional wreck....always crying.

Honored Contributor

Wow, this thread is so old, I don't even remember discussing it.  Poor Richard, hope he's okay.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Richard Simmons (update 2016)*****

@missy1 wrote:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/04/richard-simmons-bizarre-behavior/

He was taken to a hospital on Friday. He has been reclusive for 3 years.

Thanks for posting the update for us, @missy1.

I've always really liked him. He has been an inspiration to me, too.

I have many of his DVDs and Videos, and one of his meal programs, that is similar to his Deal-A-Meal program. 

I hope that he is/was able to get the help that he needed while in the hospital. I have been thinking of him too, while he has been away from the public these past few years. I really hope that he is alright. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Wow, this thread is so old, I don't even remember discussing it.  Poor Richard, hope he's okay.

So true.

I saw something about him on the news today, so I started reading the thread like it was 2016, then I noticed it being 2014...it 'read' current.

Odd how his life has almost been a time capsule...like life stood still for him.  

He's 67....and Late 60's-Early 70's seem to be the 'witching hour' for celebrity deaths, as of late.  I don't have a good feeling about this.  I hope he gets the help he desperately needs. 

Respected Contributor

I just hope medical staff can reach him the way he reached so many in his tapes.  My best to him.