Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

The problem is when the word racist was used to manipulate someone from debating an issue and just trying to shut them up it lost its value. People should have been a lot more diligent when they used it, instead they tossed it around like a bag of chips.

@Nancy Drew 

Without specifics, this entire post is also useless.  Who is "tossing it around like a bag of chips?"

Who is the arbiter of the use of the word?  You?  Other posters here?  Mickey Mouse?  Who?

You seemed not get the poster who said " When everything is racist, nothing is racist ". I was just expounding on that.  I would also question who is the arbiter of when a post is useless or not.  It's okay to not have to fight everyone. Not everyone is the enemy all the time. If you just want to be right on every opinion I guess this is the place for you.

@Nancy Drew 

Oh, I got the statement.  I commented on it.  Meaningless.  WIthout context.  A big fat nothing.

As is saying, "It's OK to not have to fight everyone" etc., etc.

Totally irrelevant and meaningless to the subject.  Only meant to dismiss those who question those meaningless statements.

Thank you for responding. Always interesting to read what you write.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

The problem is when the word racist was used to manipulate someone from debating an issue and just trying to shut them up it lost its value. People should have been a lot more diligent when they used it, instead they tossed it around like a bag of chips.

@Nancy Drew 

Without specifics, this entire post is also useless.  Who is "tossing it around like a bag of chips?"

Who is the arbiter of the use of the word?  You?  Other posters here?  Mickey Mouse?  Who?

You seemed not get the poster who said " When everything is racist, nothing is racist ". I was just expounding on that.  I would also question who is the arbiter of when a post is useless or not.  It's okay to not have to fight everyone. Not everyone is the enemy all the time. If you just want to be right on every opinion I guess this is the place for you.

Agree @Nancy Drew. What some find uselss others find sensible. If something doesn't make sense to any given individual that doesn't mean it's nonsense to others... It really is uncanny to have to say so, but no one person gets to be the arbiter of reason or of what others might view as reasonable... 

@stevieb 

More nonsensical, nonspecific babble.

In your opinion. I liked what she explained. Isn't it nice to get to decide on our own what resonates to us?

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew  Another consideration is that some folks move beyond the level of concrete thought and literal thinking to the capacity for abstract thought, while others haven't quite mastered that developmental task... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Nancy Drew  Another consideration is that some folks move beyond the level of concrete thought and literal thinking to the capacity for abstract thought, while others haven't quite mastered that developmental task... 

Indeed.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

And that might get them a few hearts here but otherwise I don't see how that serves them well in real life. 

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Indeed.

Some folks really really really care about being able to continue to call Rhode Island a plantation in modern times. Shrug. I'm sure it makes sense to them.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr