Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have noticed a couple of times  that people are posting reviews Before they have received a product .

Example  is  the Oster XL  New  oven, air fryer, grill ect.  Several reviews dated 10/30/22 and even 11/1/22 .

Trusted Contributor

This is a pet peeve of mine.  Reviews that say things like-- "can't wait to get it" or rant about the shipping or reviews of QVC in general.  

So I hear ya!  Wish QVC did some vetting of the reviews for content.  I read reviews and appreciate the ones that detail the product's pros and cons or compare the sizing to their typical clothing size.  

Honored Contributor

And then when you need to read them, they've disappeared and then later return after the thing is sold out or wait-listed.

Valued Contributor

@justashopper You are absolutely right. 

It's called Reviews for a reason.  To say an item is ugly or cheap looking when not purchased is an opinion, not a review.  I've seen this many times.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44    There are always many illegitimate reviews since QVC does such a poor job of screening them.  Just ignore them and read the ones that seem to make sense.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@skatting44    There are always many illegitimate reviews since QVC does such a poor job of screening them.  Just ignore them and read the ones that seem to make sense.

@Kachina624    I agree-just pass on by.   Those type of reviews will never stop so why waste time, again, getting annoyed.

The same happens when a customer asks a question and the answer will be "I don't know-I don't own one".  (Famous on Amazon especially)

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

At least one other retailer from whom I frequently purchase allows this too. I find it extremely annoying and always mark those reviews as "Unhelpful." I have also communicated my annoyance to their customer service department.

Honored Contributor

It's not new.  People do that.  They also post reviews for items they don't own.