Respected Contributor

Used UPS three times last week - easy peasy...

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

I like the old way better when you printed off a return and driver picked up at the door.I guess that was getting too expensive.

In the past i had to return two items one of which was a bit heavy....they did as you said....i printed off the return label on the computer and the UPS driver picked it up at the door...............was wondering are they NOT doing that anymore?????  I wasn't sure if Kohls was another option

for returning items and that i could still do the home pick up if i preferred.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  A few months ago I needed to return a man's tee that   I got for me that had a kangaroo pocket.  It said it was Asian sizing so even though I wear a M or L I ordered am XXL.  So small and tight.  We have no Kohls.  I got the barcode on my phone and went to our UPS store and was told they didn't have a code reader.  Called Amazon and they said I could call UPS and schedule a pickup but would have to be there when they come so it would mean I would have to sit home and wait - they couldn't give a date or even if it would be morning or afternoon.  They said I couldn't return on my own for this item.  Finally after speaking with a supervisor and manager I was told they would just refund my money.  Ridiculous!!!

Esteemed Contributor

The number of times I’ve returned things to amazon I can count on one hand and have fingers left over.  One return was a broken...more like shattered...glass lid. Yes, they wanted it back. 

When I shop at amazon, I read reviews, questions and answers, and I ask questions if I have them and wait for answers. It goes a long way in helping me decide whether I want to make a purchase that might become a return. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Re: Returns to amazon

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

I tried a clothing return to Kohl's. After waiting in line, they told me they accept only certain ones that Amazon approves. My rainwear was not on the list. Smiley Sad

@beach-mom wrote:

I tried a clothing return to Kohl's. After waiting in line, they told me they accept only certain ones that Amazon approves. My rainwear was not on the list. Smiley Sad

don't you need to initiate the return first ?

Yes, you do. They email the code to the customer. And, not all returns are eligible for a Kohl's return.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Re: Returns to amazon

[ Edited ]

I had one return this year.  Thought great, the tv commercials keep talking about Kohls.  There's a Kohls near work.  I initiate the return.  There was no choices.  It said take to UPS store.  That's not a good option for me.  I ended keeping the item.  Had a friend that had the same as me.  She called Amazon and asked for a different options and was told UPS is it.  Too much aggregation for me.

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I am not liking this policy  of returns, been to kohls twice, the nearest ups store ,is no longer on amazons list. went to staples,  had problems there, they said many people are not liking it,hs any one had problems?

No, I LOVED it-it was so easy!  The desk is right in the front of the store, had the return code on my phone, it took one minute and I was done and out.  The amount was in my account in the 15 minutes it took me to get home!  Great service!

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Just get it pre-approved.  They will give you a code and you just have it scanned-easy!

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

don't you need to initiate the return first ?

When you do that-it's so easy!

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@beach-mom   You have to start the return on Amazon.  They give you several choices of how to return your item, and you check which one you prefer.  If it's to return to Kohl's or the UPS Store they will send you an e-mail with a code.  You take either your phone or print the e-mail and take to the store with your unboxed return.  They scan the code, take your item and give you a receipt.

@NickNack - Thank you for telling me this! I've never returned anything before, and Kohl's didn't tell me anything about going on Amazon's site. Next time I will know what to do! (I did contact the company that the jacket shipped from and they wouldn't do anything. By the time I finished fooling around with all of this it was too late.)