Honored Contributor

Returns Not Tracking

[ Edited ]

I returned two separate items to Nordstrom last Wednesday, and today is Monday.  I took them to the UPS store and dropped them off, because the lines at the post office are always so long.  The UPS store doesn't give receipts on a pre-printed USPS label, but I had a copy of the tracking #.

One item says that it was "accepted" on Wednesday.  The other item says "label created but not in system."  I called the UPS Store to see if they could help me, and since they didn't give me the receipt they couldn't.  I haven't called Nordstrom, because I feel I should give it a week to get there before calling.  Their system doesn't show that they have either item yet though.

This is very frustrating.  It was a total of about $230, so I will be very upset if I never get the money back.  Has anyone ever had anything like this happen?  What was the outcome?  I know I will wait in line at the post office from now on in order to get a receipt.  It's just so much easier to go to the UPS Store.  At least one of the packages says it was accepted.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Returns Not Tracking

[ Edited ]

1) UPS DOES give receipts; you have to ask for it. (looks at mine on the coffee table).

2) Why are you asking a QVC forum about how Nordstrom handles its returns? Call Nordstrom and talk to their CS.

3) USPS won't take a package with a UPS label and vice versa.

Am I missing something?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

1) UPS DOES give receipts; you have to ask for it. (looks at mine on the coffee table).

2) Why are you asking a QVC forum about how Nordstrom handles its returns? Call Nordstrom and talk to their CS.

Am I missing something?

@SahmIam   Our UPS Store now takes items shipping USPS.  You can bring a pre-printed label or your own label.  You can go to their website and see this.  I'm not talking about a regular UPS office.  I'm talking about the UPS Store.  If you use a pre-printed label they definitely do not give you a receipt.  They tell me that each time I bring a USPS package in.  I've returned many things USPS through the UPS Store.

If I'm not mistaken you can ask questions about other businesses on the QVC forum.  I did mention that I thought it was too soon to call Nordstrom Customer Service.  I will call them on Wednesday when it has been a week since I mailed the packages to them.  Also, I wasn't asking how Nordstrom handles returns.  I was asking if anyone has had experience with their returns to anywhere not tracking for this long.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't worry, NickNack. I've gone through this process several times now. Your package will get to its destination eventually. It's been my experience that the whole process (from returning package to obtaining refund) can take a couple of week or so. Be sure to make note of the tracking number. You mentioned that UPS doesn't give receipts if the package has a USPS label, UPS does (and should always) give you a receipt. Some UPS stores will not automatically give you a receipt. So, you have to ask for one. You also mentioned the message "Label Created, Not in system." It doesn't mean your package is not in the system, just that the delivery process hasn't been updated. Sometimes, the Post Office never updates the process but it doesn't mean the package isn't on its way to the final destination. Finally, the most important thing I've learned about returning items (UPS or USPS) is to be patient. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Diva on The Q wrote:

Don't worry, NickNack. I've gone through this process several times now. Your package will get to its destination eventually. It's been my experience that the whole process (from returning package to obtaining refund) can take a couple of week or so. Be sure to make note of the tracking number. You mentioned that UPS doesn't give receipts if the package has a USPS label, UPS does (and should always) give you a receipt. Some UPS stores will not automatically give you a receipt. So, you have to ask for one. Finally, the most important thing I've learned about returning items (UPS or USPS) is to be patient.

@Diva on The Q  Thank you.  The UPS Store doesn't give you a receipt (on a USPS item) if it's a pre-printed label, which both of my packages were.  I asked for one, and they cannot give you one for a pre-printed label.  The man reiterated that today on the telephone.  If it isn't a pre-printed label they will give you a receipt.  I'm trying to be patient, but it's hard when the packages aren't tracking and it's been since last Wednesday.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Am I missing something?

@SahmIam   Our UPS Store now takes items shipping USPS.  You can bring a pre-printed label or your own label.  You can go to their website and see this.  I'm not talking about a regular UPS office.  I'm talking about the UPS Store.  If you use a pre-printed label they definitely do not give you a receipt.  They tell me that each time I bring a USPS package in.  I've returned many things USPS through the UPS Store.

If I'm not mistaken you can ask questions about other businesses on the QVC forum.  I did mention that I thought it was too soon to call Nordstrom Customer Service.  I will call them on Wednesday when it has been a week since I mailed the packages to them.  Also, I wasn't asking how Nordstrom handles returns.  I was asking if anyone has had experience with their returns to anywhere not tracking for this long.

@NickNack  I was talking about a UPS store. These are a franchise; mine does NOT take USPS packages and they DO give a receipt for a pre-printed label. I was there this morning and had a package with one.You have to ask, however. Many just drop them off and then you have no proof you gave it to them (though USPS is the one you usually need to worry about, not UPS). Obviously your store has opted to take USPS packages; good for them. It would save me time if mine did.

2) Of course you can ask a question about anything here.  If you go to Customer Care, your question about returns not being tracked has been asked many times with the usual answer: yes, it does get there but it takes a long time. I've only returned a package to Nordstrom via mail once; I was able to track it the entire way due to the receipt with a tracking number on it.  What I can NOT track are packages returned via the SurePost method; doesn't matter who the vendor it. USPS contends it is no longer their responsibility once it's handed off to the 3rd party contractor. Most of us disagree.

3) Returning something via UPS is faster, must faster but most vendors are no longer doing this; sadly.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Am I missing something?

@NickNack  I was talking about a UPS store. These are a franchise; mine does NOT take USPS packages and they DO give a receipt for a pre-printed label. I was there this morning and had a package with one.You have to ask, however. Many just drop them off and then you have no proof you gave it to them (though USPS is the one you usually need to worry about, not UPS). Obviously your store has opted to take USPS packages; good for them. It would save me time if mine did.

2) Of course you can ask a question about anything here.  If you go to Customer Care, your question about returns not being tracked has been asked many times with the usual answer: yes, it does get there but it takes a long time. I've only returned a package to Nordstrom via mail once; I was able to track it the entire way due to the receipt with a tracking number on it.  What I can NOT track are packages returned via the SurePost method; doesn't matter who the vendor it. USPS contends it is no longer their responsibility once it's handed off to the 3rd party contractor. Most of us disagree.

3) Returning something via UPS is faster, must faster but most vendors are no longer doing this; sadly.

@SahmIam  My UPS Store gives receipts for pre-printed labels for UPS packages, just not for USPS packages.

-Henry David Thoreau