Respected Contributor

Are you interested or care about the Royals and the wedding etc....

For me these people are rich, priveleged, famous and have done nothing to earn it except be born to the right people.  The money spent on the wedding could probably end hunger in some country.  Making all those appearances decked out in thousands of dollars of clothing to smile and shakes hands at a hospital is laughable.  I keep thinking I am looking at it all wrong and there is more to it than a country supporting castles and rich people to live literally like kings and queens.  I just don't get it....

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you interested or care about the Royals and the wedding etc....

I think William and Harry represent a younger, fresher image. They do a lot of charity work which is very admirable and the right thing to do.    But no, I'm not interested in the wedding, etc.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

They bring in a ton of tourist dollars, and they sell a shipload of magazines, newspapers, books, trinkets, and so on. Many people are employed on the backs of the royal family.

In essence, they are a public-relations firm for the UK. Like them or not, I don't think their cost exceeds the receipts by all that much, if at all. 

. . . and I agree that it is only  luck -- being born into the once historically important family.

Honored Contributor

If you are taking a poll, no I don't really care.

I don't dislike them but there's a reason I"m here and they are there.

I have my ancestors to thank for that.

Honored Contributor

If you don't care, why does it matter to you who does?

Respected Contributor

I sincerely hope you are playing devils advocate here.  Where were you during WW2?

I have great respect for Queen Elizabeth.

The Royal familys worth I believe tallies in the millions.  They do MANY charitable works. they also are a monumental source of the countries tourisim income.

you COULD try to READ up on what the British royal family has done for the BRITISH people.

Do you not think Americans  Bill Gates or Warren Buffett, each with thier worths estimated in the BILLIONS could end hunger on a CONTINENT never mind a country if they wanted to?

Respected Contributor

I don't care who cares about the royals I am just curious if everyone is feels the same.  You turn on the TV and there it seems to be so I change channels or fast forward if recorded. 

Super Contributor

IN MY OPINION THERE ARE NO(ROYALS) IN THIS WORLD THE ONLY ROYAL I KNOW IS THE ONE THAT CREATED ALL OF US. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sure you know everyone doesn't feel the same way. People usually start threads like this ,to hear insults posted about them

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve had a rotten year and following the birth of the latest royal baby and the upcoming marriage are pure escapism for me. So are the cooking and home-buying channels. Sometimes we just have to escape real life.