Respected Contributor

Re: Returning to Work Full Time....

[ Edited ]

After three years, I went back to work in a different field as well.  A job with not as much responsibility.  I loved it because it was a start up and I was one of the first hired.  Run by long-term over 55ish retirees who had been laid off at a large insurance company.  They struck out on their own and built a wonderful, small  company.  I was 55 when i began the job and expected to stay a few years.  I actually stayed for 17 years and then retired for good.  I called this job my "lucky" retirement job.  The company began with about 30 people in an old warehouse that was once a cupcake factory.  Today the company numbers over 200 in its new building with all ammenities.  Thoroughly enjoyed the people, the challenges and learned a new culture and miss the interaction. but it was time for me to go. 

Honored Contributor

San Antonio Gal - I can't wait to hear how your first day went.

Honored Contributor

She's probably exhausted.  They throw a lot of information at you on your first day.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal...good luck tomorrow. Get plenty of sleep tonight and knock ‘em dead (well, not literally 😜) on your first day of work!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Good luck SAG!  When that alarm goes off tomorrow, you will probably think "What the h*ck was I thinking??"Woman LOL

I retired in June - was secretary to the Principal at a high school.  I loved my job - my boss, the students, but when my boss became superintendent and the new principal came in ... ugh.  I knew in 10 mins that it was time for me to move on.

So I retired from the school system.  Was not ready - emotionally or financially.  But I thought I would deal with it.  In September I started working as a leave replacement Guidance secretary in another local high school.  That 6 week assignment is now ending sometime in January after 3 extensions (maybe).  

And when that alarm goes off at 5:30a each morning, I think What the h$ck am I doing??  I guess we never know what turns our lives take.

Wish you much luck.  And now you know first hand that you can leave at anytime and life does go on!

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @SurferWife and @roeroe1005 and everyone for the kind words.

There have been so many encouraging and supportive posts.  I've enjoyed reading all the responses and wish I could thank each post individually. 

Thank you all!  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal~ It's Sunday night and tomorrow is your first day back to work! I'm wishing you good luck and have my fingers crossed for you! I'm sure all will go well. Just give yourself time before you say "Oh, no! Why did I come back?!" 

Sending hugs to you!