Honored Contributor

Re: Returning to Work Full Time....

good for you.  well done.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm happy for you @San Antonio Gal. I wish I could go back to work. I had to go on disability when I was just 47. I miss my work very much. Good luck with going back to yours!

eta - I'm 63 now so it's been a while.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

San Antonio Gal

Please keep us posted on your new adventure. 

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@San Antonio Gal@Depending how long you have been away ...expect a different attitude in the workplace.One of my friends had to retire from ER.She felt she didn’t fit in anymore.

I've noticed a distinct difference in work ethics in younger employees, all you can do lead by example imo.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  CONGRATULATIONS, and good luck!  

I'm 57; I worked in the marketing and research industry for over two decades.  Then I totally flipped the switch and for the last decade I've been in acquisitions and contract regulations.  Never the same day twice. It can get quite stressful and hectic, but I love working hard, and the learning is never-ending.  I cannot imagine not working......well, sometimes I can, but I really love my job. 

Honored Contributor

I retired from a nice cushy office job in hospital administration, but would rather scrub toilets or pick up roadside trash than return to work!   

Respected Contributor

No adivce, but wanted to say Good Luck to you and I hope you enjoy being back full time.

Esteemed Contributor

I was a stay at home mom for several years then decided to go to graduate school then get a full time job.  Sometimes I miss being home and having a flexible schedule, but the pay check is a great incentive!

Guess my thoughts/advice based on my experiences would be to try to make time for yourself each week and try not to get caught up in workplace drama.  Best of luck to you.  😊

Honored Contributor

As long as you enjoy working and Are happy doing what you are doing, I think going back to work is wonderful. You are still young.

It is much healthier to keep your mind and body active.  It also doesn't hurt to build up more Social Security income.  It will be appreciated when you are old enough to collect.

You should be happy that you have a choice,  Some poor souls have to work forever in order to support themselves.

My DH retired at age 60.  He was so bored, so he now works part time, but his hours have been increasing into almost full time.  He keeps promising that he is going to retire for real, but he really enjoys his job and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Congratulations

Honored Contributor

As long as you are happy with your choice, that is all that matters, and it sounds like you are