Esteemed Contributor

Re: Returning to Work Full Time....

After getting a degree in elementary education, I ended up spending over 40 years in banking - some good times and some not so good times but I enjoyed most every job I had. You have much knowledge about the banking industry, but depending on how long you've been away from it, it may take a little time to get up to date with the issues as they relate to your bank. You'll do fine....just be willing to spend some time getting back into the changes to the industry and rely on the basics and your enthusiasm to move you forward. Best of luck to you! People will be curious about why you're returning, but I bet they'll start to value your experience and knowledge.

Contributor

I am so happy that I was able to retire two years ago.  I did not fit in at all with the millenials that worked in my office.  They were crude, loud, sloppy and had absolutely no respect for anything or anybody.  Some of them looked like they just crawled out of bed.  And of course, they knew everything.  

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I'm returning to my career in banking the Monday after Thanksgiving.  It's been nice not working, but at 55, there's no reason for me not to work.  I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time, I know there's going to be the day to day stress of working full time, etc.  However, I'm very thankful to have the job!

Does anyone have any thoughts to share?  Smiley Happy

@San Antonio Gal Yes, I do have thoughts to share....YOU are going to rock this!  They are fortunate to have you, your experience, etc.  Wishing you the absolute best!  Go get'em!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Best Wishes @San Antonio Gal

I hope your new job is just what you wanted & you make lots of new friends.  Lots of things to consider when retiring or going back to work.  Everyone has their own reasons for whatever choices they make in life .. 

Seems you're on the right track by being "thankful for the new job". You have a good attitude to begin your new job with.

Honored Contributor

Have fun.  Dust off the crock pot!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations on the new job! It sounds like you have a good attitude!! My whole working life was in banking and I really loved it. I'm sure you'll do great!! 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal, My thoughts to share are...  congratulations to the bank that's lucky enough to have you become a part of their team!  

And, most of all, that I send you good wishes for an exciting, rewarding, and fulfilling experience!   Much happiness to you!

Flowers

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal

I don't really have a "tip", just a thought that the "key" is to love what you do.  I went out on a limb over a year ago, after having been laid off from one job and studied for year to jump into a field I wanted to work in and am now self-employed doing something I love.  

I know you are going to do well and wish you much happiness as you get back to work!

Regular Contributor

Contributor

Congrats and good luck in your new job @San Antonio Gal!