Honored Contributor

Returning an item to Amazon..Does this sound right?

Amazon said to take the item( a CD) UNBOXED to my UPS store.

Took item to the UPS store near my house. Had a code  the person who worked there scanned.. they took the item.  I requested a receipt... he gave me one. It had a tracking number on it.  That was four days ago. Still the tracking number shows no movement.  So I called the UPS Store and told him that the tracking number does not show the item has done anything  since Monday( four days ago).  

This is what he said... That all the returns go into a big box together and are all returned at the same time. That there is no way to track your individual return.... WHAT? 

I do have until Febuary 1st to return the item... maybe that is why the return window is so long?

If I do not get a notice that they received my return during the return window.... is there a phone number to call to speak to someone about it?  They say they will charge me for the replacement item they sent out if they do not get my return by Febuary 1.  I do have the slip showing I returned an item to the UPS store.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Returning an item to Amazon..Does this sound right?

A few years ago I was told Returns were picked up at the PO Office once a week.  

Super Contributor

There is a customer service number you can call to help you with  your situation 888-280-4331....you might not immediately get credit....but you should get acknowledgment that item has been dropped off for the return....

Esteemed Contributor

Whenever I return things at Kohls they scan the return and puts it in a big box with everyone else's returns.  Would guess periodically they ship them back all together.  Usually have my credit from Amazon before I reach the car. Amazon considers it returned/recieved as soon as scanned.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden No worries! Go to the Amazon website and pull up their chat service option. Someone will give you more info about the process and note your account about the actions you've taken. Amazon is wonderful that way.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Whenever I return things at Kohls they scan the return and puts it in a big box with everyone else's returns.  Would guess periodically they ship them back all together.  Usually have my credit from Amazon before I reach the car. Amazon considers it returned/recieved as soon as scanned.

@CrazyDaisy    Yes. I guess I am concerned that although he scanned it.. I still have not received any kind  of acknowledgment from Amazon that they know I returned it now four days since I dropped it off.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden   That does sound right.  I've seen people come in to the UPS store on Pennsylvania Ave here and do just what you describe.  I think it will work out fine for you. 

There is a place on the Amazon website where you can find info to do a live chat or to e-mail, I think, and request a reurn call.  

Mine was not about a return but about an item that was never delivered and replaced free of charge.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

Keep the return receipt you got from the UPS Store.  It shows the date you gave it to the UPS Store for return.  If the item shows up as a charge on your credit card statement, dispute the item and let the credit card company handle it.

Honored Contributor

When I return and Item to the UPS store with a bar code my return is credited immediately

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Yup, that scan is what causes the return to process on Amazon's end, so you aren't having to wait for the item to be received by them.    

If you see the credit, you're all set.  If days go by w/o seeing the credit, then I would contact them.