Trusted Contributor

How to still get a "sold out" item?

This is probably a silly question, but I'm wondering if there is a way to get an item that recently sold out.  I'm so disappointed.  I added an item from David's show, but I didn't check out soon enough, and it has since sold out.

Do you have any tricks as to how I might still be able to get it?  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How to still get a "sold out" item?

Keep trying sometimes people cancel and you can grab one It's worked for me.

Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Keep trying sometimes people cancel and you can grab one It's worked for me.

Good Luck!

Yup!  That's totally the key.   But you have to keep on it early on to snag one that comes back into stock.  There are a lot of people who will place the order quickly and then change their mind.  Or, if they are still taking checks, the ones who order by check just to hold it or just to buy it but don't send the check in, in time, so it comes back in.

Good luck from me, too!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sue98 

Yes, just keep stalking that item.

Some let it sit in their cart for the required 1 hour and just let the cart time expire and some will order it on 'check/money order' status while they decide if they really want it or not, and may ultimately cancel their order or not bother sending their check/MO in.

Both ways, they tie up available inventory for others that KNOW they want the product and IMO should not be allowed.

But that's how QVC works.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

If it has completely sold out, the listing may be remove, in which case it is completely unavailable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Yes @Sue98  I agree the Q shouldent let people play these games.  @KingstonsMom  Another trick, I just succeeded in, (depending on the item) check Amazon.  I just got an item sold out, went to Amazon, there it was, and free shipping.

Super Contributor

Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@Sue98  - great suggestions by others.  I'll add to suggest googling the product and see if anyone else (other than Amazon) will be selling the product.  Also check Ebay.  Ebay sells new items also.  Good luck.

Super Contributor

I've had this happen a number of times and I've been successful getting the item anyway.

First, if it's sold out within an hour or two it usually will come back in stock because QVC allows an item to remain in a person's cart for an hour. Or someone will order and have buyer's remorse and cancel.

Then you should bookmark the item page and check it frequently.  Often when something goes out of stock the item will not show up in a search on QVC but if you have the link you can still find it. For example, there were some artificial bushes that sold out and I really wanted one more set.  I bookmarked the link and even though it never showed up on QVC through search it did show up through the link.  I was able to buy one more. This was a week or more later.

If you forgot to bookmark the link and when you do a search it shows that the link is not available, do a google search (including QVC in your search) for that specific item. Believe it or not I've managed to snag an out of stock item by finding the link this way. Good luck!